Billie Eilish

Matt42

12 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Now I am getting old maybe and I know words change their meaning all the time so

Can you define bangers please. To me I see it as big get up and dance uptempo tunes, but maybe there is a spectrum today so where do bangers start and end in your definition.

To me Billie never really had bangers and she has continued that, not sure if you were expecting her to be different and more uptempo and I have no idea why. All this she must be selling bigger venues headlining glastonbury, maybe that is just inside your head and she is just doing her art as she likes.

you also say - It’s like her first album without any tracks like Bad Guy, Bury a Friend etc.  I listened to NDA last night and it could have come from the first album easy and is like those tracks

Also - could you explain what music for the Tik Tok crowd means as well, I have no idea

I’d say a banger is a high energy song which fits very well with the radio and is designed for replays.

Dua Lipa is the perfect example. Her songs are very radio friendly and have replay value. You could put them on at an event and it wouldn’t seem out of place. Very friendly to casual music listeners.

Bad Guy was Billie’s banger. NDA fits with some of the downtempo tracks on the first album, but as you can probably notice this album seems to be doubling down on the downtempo and avoiding a ‘bad guy’ style track. There could be one on the album she’s holding back but I’m losing faith really.

Whereas Tik Tok at the moment seems to favour downtempo hip hop, and slowed down edits of popular songs. Usually with some weird element that the kids can repeat or meme. 

3 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Cheers Matt I see where you are at now

Admit I would not have Bad Guy as a banger but there you go

No problem - have you not seen how that baseline in bad guy sets a crowd on fire? Definitely a banger.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is the point in a nutshell… surely a “banger” is just something that sends a crowd wild?

I didn’t expect the term banger to have such a debate around it but I guess another one could be a song that goes hard in the right setting. Or just a catchy song with cross-over appeal.

A banger varies dependent on the demographic. Billie’s fans trend toward a younger demographic so - crass stereotyping aside - they’re going to be radio friendly, catchy, vacuous tunes. Any artist at Billie’s level needs to follow the rules or get burned. She hasn’t yet earned Taylor’s switch-up medals. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

i dunno. that Dance Monkey song she did was kinda different

Now that’s an example of someone having their career killed by COVID before it even started. Tones and I peaked before her debut album was even released. A new record.

Edited by Matt42

18 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Now that’s an example of someone having their career killed by COVID before it even started. Tones and I peaked before her debut album was even released. A new record.

Probably always gonna be a flash in the pan, but one thing covid did was deny her a nice little tour and festival dates.

28 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Probably always gonna be a flash in the pan, but one thing covid did was deny her a nice little tour and festival dates.

The problem is no one knows her beyond dance monkey, and they are unlikely to now as her tour will probably be seen as too late.

• 2 weeks later...

Wait is that interview legit? Looking through that Twitter account (which has fuck all followers) there seems to be a fair bit of stuff that looks like trolling and possibly edited Billie quotes and I can’t see that quote anywhere else. Think we may have been had (as much as it pains me that the cancellation of Billie isn’t starting already 😋)

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Wait is that interview legit? Looking through that Twitter account (which has fuck all followers) there seems to be a fair bit of stuff that looks like trolling and possibly edited Billie quotes and I can’t see that quote anywhere else. Think we may have been had (as much as it pains me that the cancellation of Billie isn’t starting already 😋)

Hence why I said Nah - if her PR person let them publish that they need to be fired ASAP. Not just fired but banned from the profession.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Hence why I said Nah - if her PR person let them publish that they need to be fired ASAP. Not just fired but banned from the profession.

Yeah I feel like the internet would’ve exploded by now if that quote was actually let out of the bag. It’s not just Lana posting some shit unedited on her Instagram - it’s an actual printed interview. Definitely fake haha.