Billie Eilish

Matt42

42 minutes ago, august1 said:

Has a headliner ever done so many UK shows just before the festival? Feels like its normally 1 or 2 max.

Yeah, good shout. A couple Wembley (I guess London stadium with the Euros) shows and an Etihad date would seem more like what you'd expect for an American headliner. There's definitely a chance she's just touring in June and that's that.

I'd say it does put her firmly among the contenders though until we get more info.

Based on the comments on her headliner status on the other thread, what do we reckon would get into the setlist from her already released stuff? tbh I reckon she has a pretty decent setlist already even without the second album (more recognisable hits than Stormz at least, but he probably has a better stage presence than poor lil billie does)

- bad guy (obviously)

- you should see me in a crown

- all the good guys go to hell

- wish you were gay

- when the partys over

- my strange addiciton

- bury a friend

- everything i wanted

-therefore i am

-my future

- no time to die

- your power

- lovely

- idontwannbeyounanymore

-my boy

copycat

-bellyache

-ocean eyes

51 minutes ago, august1 said:

Has a headliner ever done so many UK shows just before the festival? Feels like its normally 1 or 2 max.

Yes, but the only ones I can think of pre-date the current Pyramid Stage.

REM in 1999 being the most recent when they played in the middle of a decent sized tour. Then the various Britpop acts in the mid-late 90s who were playing everywhere they could all the time.

7 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Based on the comments on her headliner status on the other thread, what do we reckon would get into the setlist from her already released stuff? tbh I reckon she has a pretty decent setlist already even without the second album (more recognisable hits than Stormz at least, but he probably has a better stage presence than poor lil billie does)

- bad guy (obviously)

- you should see me in a crown

- all the good guys go to hell

- wish you were gay

- when the partys over

- my strange addiciton

- bury a friend

- everything i wanted

-therefore i am

-my future

- no time to die

- your power

- lovely

- idontwannbeyounanymore

-my boy

copycat

-bellyache

-ocean eyes

Yeah I think that's a decent setlist already. As you say, more hits than other headliners we've already had for sure. Factor in a couple big singles from the new record and some extra album tracks, lose a couple off don't smile at me and you've got a great show.

It's a bit obvious, but coming out to bad guy would go off big time. Could be the biggest start to a headline set ever with the crowd reaction.

Lot of chutzpah to come out on the Other Stage in the middle of the afternoon and begin your set with your biggest song. We had to go and meet people after that, but that right there was a fucking strong opening. Place went nuts, it was as, brother Calgon might say, 'Taps Aff' right there and then.

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

You’d assume that must’ve been before Billie bored everybody to death with her set. 

Feel like we're in a minority but... yeah. Caught the first half or so of her set before Vampire Weekend and found myself pretty bored. I quite liked her album, too!

It'll probably never happen now, but I'd love to see Billie in a smaller setting ie an academy. 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:37 PM, Hutchmaster said:

Feel like we're in a minority but... yeah. Caught the first half or so of her set before Vampire Weekend and found myself pretty bored. I quite liked her album, too!

It'll probably never happen now, but I'd love to see Billie in a smaller setting ie an academy. 

Saw her in the Birmingham Institute prior to Bad Guy's release.

image.png.852b152bd136bf64b377a38ff88f0a50.png

Insane crowd of mostly teen girls, singing along so loudly it drowned out Billie entirely. There's a few clips of it in the film she released.

36 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Saw her in the Birmingham Institute prior to Bad Guy's release.

image.png.852b152bd136bf64b377a38ff88f0a50.png

Insane crowd of mostly teen girls, singing along so loudly it drowned out Billie entirely. There's a few clips of it in the film she released.

My daughter had a chance at tickets for one of the shows but said there was no point due to the crowds generally drowning her out

19 minutes ago, sameimpala said:

I saw her on that tour too but in London at SBE. Similar crowds it sounds like;)

Love crowds like that. One Direction, 5SOS, Halsey. Young people losing their absolute minds and screaming the house down.

10 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Love crowds like that. One Direction, 5SOS, Halsey. Young people losing their absolute minds and screaming the house down.

Not just younger crowds doing that.

Remember going to see Ian Brown at Brum Academy (the old one, opposite Toys R Us) when he had just started playing Roses songs. Came out to I Wanna Be Adored and honestly couldn’t hear a word he sang (some would argue that’s not a bad thing).

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Remember going to see Ian Brown at Brum Academy (the old one, opposite Toys R Us) when he had just started playing Roses songs. Came out to I Wanna Be Adored and honestly couldn’t hear a word he sang (some would argue that’s not a bad thing).

Yeah I saw Roses at Wembley and could barely hear Ian Brown sing, which was a good thing tbh as his voice is shot. 

Just now, nikkic said:

Yeah I saw Roses at Wembley and could barely hear Ian Brown sing, which was a good thing tbh as his voice is shot. 

When I saw the Roses at Finsbury Park in 2013 I was genuinely, and pleasantly, surprised at both how good Brown's voice sounded and how tight the band sounded. Must have caught him on a rare good day.

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw Morrissey there in 2002 and it was basically the same