Billie Eilish

Matt42

31 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

All the time in the world - I discounted that for not being the "bond theme"..

Thunderball is probably 6.

I'd round it off with Skyfall, A view to a kill, The living daylights & Die another day at 10.

Just had a good listen - it’s really noticeable the drop in quality over the last 20 years - the first half of the Bond Movies definitely had the best themes. Is this a reflection on how music in general has gone?

I have done my final 10 after some further listening, and sorry @FuzzyDunlop love Madge but Die Another Day is a shocker imho, so haven’t included it

1) Nobody does it better

2) Live and Let Die

2) Goldeneye

4) A View To A Kill

3) Diamonds are forever

5) Goldfinger

6) Skyfall

7) For Your Eyes Only

Thunderball

9) The Living Daylights

10) Moonraker

The last 2 are only just okay - really should be a top 8

Edited by circus92
  • Like 1

Goldeneye & Live and Let Die are my favourites & also happen to be my favourite Bond films barring any of the Daniel Craig films.

Apparently Live & Let Die is a blaxtaposition film & a bit racist. I loved it as a kid, I obviously didn’t pick up on that as Moore’s first film.

5 hours ago, circus92 said:

Just had a good listen - it’s really noticeable the drop in quality over the last 20 years - the first half of the Bond Movies definitely had the best themes. Is this a reflection on how music in general has gone?

I have done my final 10 after some further listening, and sorry @FuzzyDunlop love Madge but Die Another Day is a shocker imho, so haven’t included it

1) Nobody does it better

2) Live and Let Die

2) Goldeneye

4) A View To A Kill

3) Diamonds are forever

5) Goldfinger

6) Skyfall

7) For Your Eyes Only

Thunderball

9) The Living Daylights

10) Moonraker

The last 2 are only just okay - really should be a top 8

I agree Die Another Day is a bit ropey, but it reminds me of being about 18... I can't say I hate it. It was a definite 9th out of 9 though.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

12 hours ago, zero000 said:

Diamonds are forever is an all out banger and you all know it. Have to separate it from the problematic and terrible film is proceeded however. 

Agreed!

Wonder whether we'll ever have Dame Shirley B back on the farm?

Will forever be gutted that I only watched that on TV.

Is she the only person to ever do more than 1 Bond song?

Had to get in on this bond chit chat...

Think the new tune is great, perhaps the best of the Craigs, but that's damning with faintish praise.

Agree with most of the classics listed here, and do like View to a Kill. The Bond themes really do highlight the difference between Duran and A-Ha.... Duran had a sense of humour and self-awareness, where-as A-Ha took themselves a little too seriously.

I also really like License to Kill. Great tune and 'samples' Goldfinger. Why have we never had Gladys Knight at the farm? (even though I'm sure this one has been long absent from the set list).

• 2 weeks later...

The originally large gap in her tour dates is pretty narrow now. 

I have been made excited by recent developments and I’m crossing my fingers and toes that she is set to sub Taylor this year. I guess if Lana is flying back to the U.K. specifically for Glasto this year we can’t entirely rule Billie out for doing the same.

It would make my life if she was booked for this year. Lana, Billie, Taylor in the same year is the stuff of dreams.

9CD261EC-2B0A-4C1B-B152-5BC0F6F345B7.png

If this does happen and Billie subs, I really think it would be one of the biggest bookings and shocks in the history of the festival. Booking one of the biggest stars on the planet in a supporting slot, b2b with Taylor bloody Swift, would be the biggest coup they've pulled off IMO.

I want it to happen, I think there's a slight chance it could happen but I don't expect it to happen.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

If this does happen and Billie subs, I really think it would be one of the biggest bookings and shocks in the history of the festival. Booking one of the biggest stars on the planet in a supporting slot, b2b with Taylor bloody Swift, would be the biggest coup they've pulled off IMO.

I want it to happen, I think there's a slight chance it could happen but I don't expect it to happen.

I probably wouldn't be at either but there's no denying it would be absolutely colossal.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It's not impossible that she was booked months and months back. Maybe even at last year's fest before her popularity really went into overdrive.

I said in the other thread Emily mentioned in an interview that they feared Billie would pull out in 2019. Maybe when they moved her to Other Stage they promised her a colossal slot in 2020. Lana was apparently booked yonks ahead of usual schedule so it wouldn’t be crazy to pencil in pyramid subs earlier than usual.

It’s all a fantasy I would love to believe but her tour dates are really suspicious. She’s announced a tour right through 2020 and Glastonbury weekend is completely free.