Billie Eilish

Matt42

4 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I've not heard it yet, but this is a rather damning assessment. I imagine it probably wasn't quite what she was going for.

Ha ha. Thats more about her overall style tbh. 

I like Bad Guy, but her voice isnt for me. 

She seems cool as fuck though when Ive seen her interviewed. Down to Earth.

It has been a long time since there was a decent Bond song , i think Goldeneye was probably the last one (good Bond song, not necessarily a good song).  Billies is as good as any of the recent one, but is a bit disappointingly bland like the rest have been for the last 20 years,  but that seems to be the style they have gone for with the music and films.

1 hour ago, Bennykill said:

It has been a long time since there was a decent Bond song , i think Goldeneye was probably the last one (good Bond song, not necessarily a good song).  Billies is as good as any of the recent one, but is a bit disappointingly bland like the rest have been for the last 20 years,  but that seems to be the style they have gone for with the music and films.

Agree with this. 

Maybe its my age, but give me Duran Duran "A View To Kill" over this anyday

1 hour ago, Bennykill said:

Chris Cornell's is my favourite ever. Superb tune. Not a fan of Billie's one at first listen.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Dodgy ground with the gender pronoun read someone make a decent point the other day as to what part of the Glastonbury equality 50/50 Sam will want to be part of. 

Hopefully he won't be part of either 50%

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Y'all forget Nobody Does It Better exists?

Oh yeah - can’t forget that one either - Tune!

Theres actually quite a lot of really good Bond Themes.

Billie’s is by no means bad, but I don’t reckon it will be remembered along with the best of them.

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

STOP GETTING BOND WRONG!

The top 5 songs...

Nobody does it better

Live and Let Die

Goldfinger

Goldeneye

Diamonds are forever

Now we're getting somewhere.

Skyfall is a good song but I'm a bit confused that people really rank it that highly. I'd say the first 8 themes + Nobody Does it Better are all better for a start.

Nobody Does it Better is easily my favourite. From Russia with Love, Thunderball, All the Time in the World (although not a typical opening credit bond theme) are ace as well. 

10 minutes ago, jparx said:

Now we're getting somewhere.

Skyfall is a good song but I'm a bit confused that people really rank it that highly. I'd say the first 8 themes + Nobody Does it Better are all better for a start.

Nobody Does it Better is easily my favourite. From Russia with Love, Thunderball, All the Time in the World (although not a typical opening credit bond theme) are ace as well. 

All the time in the world - I discounted that for not being the "bond theme"..

Thunderball is probably 6.

I'd round it off with Skyfall, A view to a kill, The living daylights & Die another day at 10.