Billie Eilish

Matt42

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Sounds like there might be a Bond theme incoming.

Seen this said about multiple acts over the past few months (Dua Lipa is one that springs to mind) so won't go buying too much in to it just yet, although seems like it may have more legs than previous rumours. Interesting choice. Hopefully a move away from the plodding moodiness of the last two film's songs.

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Seen this said about multiple acts over the past few months (Dua Lipa is one that springs to mind) so won't go buying too much in to it just yet, although seems like it may have more legs than previous rumours. Interesting choice. Hopefully a move away from the plodding moodiness of the last two film's songs.

Billie Eilish is a move *away* from moodiness?

And yeah, Skyfall is one of the best Bond themes. And films.

Edited by The Martini Police

2 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

I was just searching through my brain to remember the last few themes and for a minute there I actually thought the Radiohead Spectre theme was the official one. 

Can't remember for the life of me how the actual one goes.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

I was just searching through my brain to remember the last few themes and for a minute there I actually thought the Radiohead Spectre theme was the official one. 

Can't remember for the life of me how the actual one goes.

Haha, I've had the same thought in the past. It should've been. Infinitely superior. 

22 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Granted I'm not the biggest Billie fan, but her stuff seems a little bit more upbeat than both Skyfall and that shit Sam Smith One (musically - maybe not lyrically). 

And yeah should've added, Skyfall is a great song, but a move away from that kind of big overblown ballad-esque song would be welcome imo, especially after a completely unmemorable one last film (with a film to match).

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Not against it in principle, but it's an approach that's definitely resulted in its share of clunkers (e.g. Die Another Day)

Aye but the one that followed that was a banger, if a bit of an odd choice for a Bond song. I'd rather they go down a weird route and miss than just keep it safe with another dreary plodder.