Billie Eilish

Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Eh Rihanna absolutely could headline Glastonbury... I don’t know what your point is?

Who is saying Rihanna can’t do it?

Earlier this year there was a big discussion about people not thinking she could anymore after Anti, I'll see if I can find it...

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Earlier this year there was a big discussion about people not thinking she could anymore after Anti, I'll see if I can find it...

I bet you bottom dollar I was one saying she could.

Anyone who doesn’t think Rihanna is a bona fide UK headliner is lost. She’s not done any gigs for a long time but she’s a cemented pop legend.

also she’s another one which would rather not tour than accept lower than headline spots. 

14 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

As in it was obviously very successful, but I don't think it's an instant classic on the same level as other pop albums that give acts their big break (e.g. Fame Monster, Red, Teenage Dream, Views, Good Girl Gone Bad etc.) and not enough to give an immediate bump up to headliner. Especially because of the lack of big singles (other than Bad Guy and Bury A Friend). Again, everyone here says Anti was an unsuccessful album, and the performance of both those albums on the charts and on spotify is pretty similar (again, not saying that for a debut album it wasn't very successful, but if people don't reckon Rihanna could headline off a similar performing album and extensive backcatalogue of hits then I don't see why Billie should be getting the nod instead).

Have you seen the crowd reaction to album tracks at Reading? It’s insane. I seriously don’t know what else you expect the album to do.

And Rihanna is already an established artist so it’s hardly a fair comparison. The last couple of Eminem albums prob charted higher then BBAB and astroworld for eg, it’s just how the world works 

EDIT- also what about you should see me in a crown and wish you were gay? 

EDIT EDIT- Also I’d say she appeals to somewhat of a more alternative audience than say a Perry or Rihanna so she’s less likely to churn out HUGE songs. Just looked at the track list for Teenage Dream though, fuck me 

Edited by Steve1000

1 minute ago, Steve1000 said:

Have you seen the crowd reaction to album tracks at Reading? It’s insane. I seriously don’t know what else you expect the album to do.

Honestly, no, but I did catch a bit of her at Glastonbury and, although the field was packed, it wasn't exactly boppin from where I was (admittedly I was way off to the side as I had come with the surge from Miley). For the small while I stayed for, it was only album tracks and none really got the crowd going (just needed a lie down after standing in the Pymild since Y&Y).

5 minutes ago, Steve1000 said:

And Rihanna is already an established artist so it’s hardly a fair comparison. The last couple of Eminem albums prob charted higher then BBAB and astroworld for eg, it’s just how the world works 

Yeah Astroworld is a very good comparison, had a hit and has good streaming numbers overall. Not sure anyone is really calling for Travis to headline next time he comes around though (headline other maybe, but not Pyramid). And as for the comparison with Eminem, no, that album was streamed considerbly less well than Anti, BBAB and Astroworld. Billie had already blown up before she dropped the album and did fairly extensive promo for the it

39 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

As in it was obviously very successful, but I don't think it's an instant classic on the same level as other pop albums that give acts their big break (e.g. Fame Monster, Red, Teenage Dream, Views, Good Girl Gone Bad etc.) and not enough to give an immediate bump up to headliner. Especially because of the lack of big singles (other than Bad Guy and Bury A Friend). Again, everyone here says Anti was an unsuccessful album, and the performance of both those albums on the charts and on spotify is pretty similar (again, not saying that for a debut album it wasn't very successful, but if people don't reckon Rihanna could headline off a similar performing album and extensive backcatalogue of hits then I don't see why Billie should be getting the nod instead).

FWIW Love Story predates Red by four years, and Pon De Replay/SOS/Unfaithful were before GBGB too!! ? 

45 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Yeah Astroworld is a very good comparison, had a hit and has good streaming numbers overall. Not sure anyone is really calling for Travis to headline next time he comes around though (headline other maybe, but not Pyramid). And as for the comparison with Eminem, no, that album was streamed considerbly less well than Anti, BBAB and Astroworld. Billie had already blown up before she dropped the album and did fairly extensive promo for the it

Imo Travis is a bad comparison. I don’t think he really will ever do Glastonbury because he will be offered headline / higher paying slots elsewhere. He also doesn’t really need the exposure at all.

I’d probably go as far as to say he doesn’t even know what Glastonbury is.

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

FWIW Love Story predates Red by four years, and Pon De Replay/SOS/Unfaithful were before GBGB too!! ? 

Yeah, but I wouldn't have said either act would have been considered headline material before those albums. I ain't saying it ain't possible, but I don't think she's guaranteed to make it to that status on her next album

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Imo Travis is a bad comparison. I don’t think he really will ever do Glastonbury because he will be offered headline / higher paying slots elsewhere. He also doesn’t really need the exposure at all.

Couldn't you say the same thing about Billie? If she really is taking off so much she can just come back and play Reading/Parklife every other year or solo shows.

9 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Travis headlined years ago.

15 minutes ago, metallimuse said:

Lewis Capaldi got a huge crowd on the Saturday didn't he?

Errr I don’t wanna get in the chat about Lewis because that deserves its own thread.

But you’re right yeah. Lewis Capaldi will follow the path of George Ezra if he continues as he is.

Edited by Matt42

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Christ.

That’s a lot of success very soon for someone very young. I hope she has a good support network around her. A LOT of pressure on album number 2 now.

She should be booked to headline (if she’s not doing exclusively stadiums at that point) when album 2 drops.

10 hours ago, Charm said:

My daughter likes her and considered going but when we saw standing tickets were over £80 she told me not to bother.  

Charm x

Her people know that she is hugely popular so theyre trying to combat touts by pricing everything easily 40%higher than you normally would. They just want to keep more of the money for themselves and make it harder for touts to turn a profit. In the states the upper level seats are £100 after booking fees. 

11 hours ago, MaxPower said:

Really like Billie but thought her Glastonbury set was absolutely shit last year, so not fussed about her rushing back.

Yep, it was a shocker. Put it down to inexperience. I hope it’s not a symptom of a wider lack of effort given her career was handed to her on a plate.