Billie Eilish

Matt42

Billie is in a weird zone now for Glastonbury. She's ridiculously huge at this point but I can't see Glastonbury giving her the slot that, really, someone that popular should command. I can see her not returning for a number of years until they approach her to headline the thing. Perhaps she could headline the Other next year or the year after, but I reckon Reading will snap her up to headline next year instead - at which point she won't be accepting a lower slot at Glastonbury. Definitely hope she returns - feels like a bit of unfinished business here after the weird clash with Miley and sound issues.

What a year she's had. If album #2 is as good as the ep and #1...good lord.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Billie is in a weird zone now for Glastonbury. She's ridiculously huge at this point but I can't see Glastonbury giving her the slot that, really, someone that popular should command. I can see her not returning for a number of years until they approach her to headline the thing. Perhaps she could headline the Other next year or the year after, but I reckon Reading will snap her up to headline next year instead - at which point she won't be accepting a lower slot at Glastonbury. Definitely hope she returns - feels like a bit of unfinished business here after the weird clash with Miley and sound issues.

What a year she's had. If album #2 is as good as the ep and #1...good lord.

Yup hit the nail on the head. I doubt she’l return and sub if other festivals worldwide (apparently lolla Brazil) are lining her up to headline in 2020. Reading is the more likely festival to ask her to do it now.

It’l be the case that she will only return as a headliner now. Probably after album #2 as you said.

She’d be a good other headliner I think? If Lorde can do it she can. I’d heard of her before glasto but never really listened. A girl I met at the fest this year dragged me along to see her and she was great I thought, very quiet voice at times though. There’s a darkness to her music that I liked.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I don’t like this subtle narrative that both Billie and Lorde cannot exist together in the music market. Why are women always in such direct competition?

plus their music is very different. Of course to gammons it all sounds the same.

You can make a comparison without it being "she is a woman so she sounds like a woman". The comparison has been made far and wide, even by Lorde and Billie Eilish fans - although less so the latter because they probably don't know who Lorde is

Also it's fairly obvious we're just having a joke here so get a grip..

11 minutes ago, kalifire said:

What stage do you think she'd headline?

Pyramid? She ain’t headlining the other stage.

If her next album is as big as her debut (or even bigger) she is a pyramid headliner.

Name me a new act that got a crowd as big as this on their debut album.

69316546-35A2-4DF0-BF02-DEA97540CFBB.png

042F5CB5-DA5B-4AED-A63D-8A604C4443EB.png

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

If her next album is as big as her debut (or even bigger) she is a pyramid headliner.

Rag 'n' Bone man was pretty busy... I remember trying to get past on the tracks.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Royal Blood got a much bigger crowd at the pyramid in '17. But that's not to take away from her achievements. I think its a bit early to be touting her as a future headliner though. Artists like her have fickle audiences and they can fade as quickly as they rise through no fault of their own. If you look at the other female solo artists who've headlined recently, Adele and Beyonce, Eilish is off to a great start but she's not there yet and probably won't be for another album at least.

Edited by Madyaker

Ye it doesn’t seem like the UK has gone quite as nuts for her as the US has, yet. But then again that doesn’t say a lot. There’s certainly every chance that in another two or three years she’ll be instantly selling out arenas left right and centre over here too.

Edited by Rose-Colored Boy

2 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

Rag 'n' Bone man was pretty busy... I remember trying to get past on the tracks.

Rag N Bone man was ridiculous, crowds walking through Oxylers to get through, I was camped there. 

1 hour ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Ye it doesn’t seem like the UK has gone quite as nuts for her as the US has, yet. But then again that doesn’t say a lot. There’s certainly every chance that in another two or three years she’ll be instantly selling out arenas left right and centre over here too.

She will already at this point sell out arenas easy but Pyramid headliner is a little premature. She went and greeted two huge fans on BBC so she's still heavily feet on the floor too.

I never said she was going to headline now, I said if album 2 is as big or bigger than album 1. 

2 hours ago, Madyaker said:

Royal Blood got a much bigger crowd at the pyramid in '17. But that's not to take away from her achievements. I think its a bit early to be touting her as a future headliner though. Artists like her have fickle audiences and they can fade as quickly as they rise through no fault of their own. If you look at the other female solo artists who've headlined recently, Adele and Beyonce, Eilish is off to a great start but she's not there yet and probably won't be for another album at least.

Yeah the audience can be fickle but I feel Billie’s first album has built a fan base and generated a lot of interest in her style - I think a lot of people are very interested to see what she does next.

3 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

That’s Glastonbury - what I mean is that Billie got the biggest crowd in Reading history on her debut album. That doesn’t happen by accident. The momentum isn’t slowing down anytime soon and she’s striking something in the youth that I haven’t seen before - she’s really connecting with the youth in a way we probably don’t understand.