Billie Eilish

Matt42

36 minutes ago, TomViolence said:

Same here. I was quite surprised when she said there had been technical issues! 

Unless it only affected certain speaker stacks or something like that - I'd assumed for her to say that it was issues generally with sound output but maybe it was the former? 

Could have been the monitors which means we wouldn't hear any difficulties but you would tell big style on stage as something's wouldn't come through.

She was pretty good thought quite enjoyed her set, she's got a great voice for singing but it's irritable when she talks for some strange reason but aside from that she performed well, interacted with the crowd well, was mad up for it, the crowd were a bit knackered of the sun but tried to get into it. Right choice to put her on the other as the crowd was packed out though it did start to thin out abit when people left, I assume for Vampire Weekend.

I was towards the barrier on the far left hand side of the stage. It was better than when I saw her at the Institute in March, because I could hear her this time. The crowd around us was all seemingly fomo people who were entirely non-plussed, apart from this really young lad next to me having the absolute time of his life. Some people asked me when was she going to do Bad Guy. Had to break it to them it was the first song and they actually thought I was messing with them.

One of the sets I enjoyed a lot more than I expected.  Had no plans to see her but my friends were going over so I bowled along.  Was surprised by how well her material transferred (for the most part) to live, although I would prefer to see her in a slightly darker atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, Padjeq said:

Some people asked me when was she going to do Bad Guy. Had to break it to them it was the first song and they actually thought I was messing with them.

Thought that was a brave choice tbh. Maybe not the right option, but opening with your biggest track guaranteed to get people bouncing was pretty ballsy.

My only complaint was it should've been louder... we were a little way back so the kids had room to dance and the bass was a bit lightweight.

If I ever have a daughter, I want a Billie Eilish one. What options is it you have to pick?

Edited by Magma

I really thought this was going to be rammed but there was looooads of room. I’m guessing the Kylie/Miley run on the Pyramid meant a lot of people just didn’t bother.

When the first track kicked in I thought there was something wrong with the sound as there was some high pitched, screeching noise coming from somewhere. It wasn’t until later on I realised that was just thousands of young girls screaming. Never heard anything like it.

Set was alright. Not quite as mind blowing as I thought it might be.

• 1 month later...

Seen about that she’s lined up to headline some lolla shows early 2020 and there are whispers of a big arena tour.

She played a pretty prominent slot this year but Emily has been going on about her non stop. Reckon she could return and this time sub pyramid or something? I had her down as a decent sub to the 1975

15 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Seen about that she’s lined up to headline some lolla shows early 2020 and there are whispers of a big arena tour.

She played a pretty prominent slot this year but Emily has been going on about her non stop. Reckon she could return and this time sub pyramid or something? I had her down as a decent sub to the 1975

Could see her (and Lewis Capaldi tbf) returning next year 3rd from top on Pyramid 

On 4/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, Matt42 said:

a 17 year old

On 4/7/2019 at 4:53 PM, Matt42 said:

a 17 year old

On 4/10/2019 at 9:03 AM, Matt42 said:

17 years old

On 7/1/2019 at 12:52 AM, Matt42 said:

Billie is a 17 year old girl

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

a 17 year old

On 4/14/2019 at 11:14 AM, Matt42 said:

It’s easy to forget that she’s a 17 year old girl

No it's not.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

14 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Just relaised the order for Reading and how strange it is to see how the festival has changed since I used to go Billie > Anderson > Post Malone. 

NME are 'reporting' (coz its nme) that Billies crowd was Readings biggest ever... 

Well I think someone pulled out of the nme/radio one stage during her slot so less competition. 

39 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Just relaised the order for Reading and how strange it is to see how the festival has changed since I used to go Billie > Anderson > Post Malone. 

NME are 'reporting' (coz its nme) that Billies crowd was Readings biggest ever... 

Comparing it to a headliner is obviously daft but I’d be very surprised if anyone’s ever got a bigger crowd than that at half four in the afternoon. Most of the time at Reading and Leeds people stay in the campsite until tea time.

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Comparing it to a headliner is obviously daft but I’d be very surprised if anyone’s ever got a bigger crowd than that at half four in the afternoon. Most of the time at Reading and Leeds people stay in the campsite until tea time.

I feel like they said the same about Post Malone last year, who played a pretty much the same time I think. But yeah everyone's gonna go see those mid-afternoon.

25 minutes ago, aidenlangan95 said:

Well I think someone pulled out of the nme/radio one stage during her slot so less competition. 

No they put this 19 year old man called Aitch on in the slot. Absolutely atrocious stuff.

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I was thinking Billie would return to Glasto in 2020 and sub

I'd imagine she'll still be milking her current run next year. I could see her returning to the kind of status you're talking about after another album, if it's as well received as her first. I think she's done as well as she can based on what she's got right now.