Billie Eilish

Matt42

On 4/22/2019 at 8:59 PM, dentalplan said:

Yah the aversion to the Other Stage on these boards is way over the top. It’s unremarkable as a venue but it’s pretty ace that the festival has a massive second stage that can grant big shows to acts who might be new to them or not normally get them.

Unless you were near the front the whole left side of the stage sounded terrible in 17. I could hardly hear Liam Gallagher. 

Edited by mike86

34 minutes ago, mike86 said:

Unless you were near the front the whole left side of the stage sounded terrible in 17. I could hardly hear Liam Gallagher. 

I could hear him perfectly well. And left after 20 minutes coz he was shit. A real disappointment after getting there early specifically to see him. Can’t remember who I went off to see but never looked back and never regretted it

• 2 months later...
Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Not bad at all, I was worried her music wouldn't work in the Sun with such a big crowd but she seems to be managing well. 

What do you think Steve?

Hard to follow Miley but still pretty fuckin banging

rate her doing a JUMPTHEFUCKUP

On 4/25/2019 at 10:50 PM, Skelts said:

I could hear him perfectly well. And left after 20 minutes coz he was shit. A real disappointment after getting there early specifically to see him. Can’t remember who I went off to see but never looked back and never regretted it

Because if you had looked back you would only have been angry and that is no way to look back, so don't do that.

Only caught the last few tracks after being caught in the Miley traffic jam. Sounded ace and I was surprised when she mentioned technical issues. We must have missed them? We couldn't get close enough forward to really get the atmosphere but yeah, sounded really good. 

I stood quite far back for her because I was interested in how she’d go down with people who weren’t sycophantic (some towards the front seemed to be fawning over her every move). I stood next to a guy who hadn’t heard of her before. After attentively and earnestly listening for the first two tracks, he leaned over and asked, quite genuinely, why she was so popular.

To me, she seemed to be phoning in a gig you could see at any time she plays. It didn’t feel special to her and consequently the non-fans seemed a bit non-plussed. It’s always nice for an artist to acknowledge Glastonbury.

6/10 for me. Music is fine but performance was a bit dull.

4 hours ago, Suprefan said:

Its not miming, she sings that low and the extra vocal samples drown out her real voice. Essentially its ASMR pop.

I thought they did something to her voice to make it loud enough to hear on the larger outdoor stage without her having to change her vocal style, like it was pre recorded and turned way up so she could still do her thing and sound right.

5 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I stood quite far back for her because I was interested in how she’d go down with people who weren’t sycophantic (some towards the front seemed to be fawning over her every move). I stood next to a guy who hadn’t heard of her before. After attentively and earnestly listening for the first two tracks, he leaned over and asked, quite genuinely, why she was so popular.

To me, she seemed to be phoning in a gig you could see at any time she plays. It didn’t feel special to her and consequently the non-fans seemed a bit non-plussed. It’s always nice for an artist to acknowledge Glastonbury.

6/10 for me. Music is fine but performance was a bit dull.

Think that's just her general vibe, every interview she does she seems super chilled out even when she says shes freaking out.

Billie is a 17 year old girl from LA she probably didn’t / still doesn’t know much about Glastonbury. Her set was sandwiched amongst a solid tour so I doubt she hung around much at all

give her a few years of growth and she’l see

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Billie is a 17 year old girl from LA she probably didn’t / still doesn’t know much about Glastonbury. Her set was sandwiched amongst a solid tour so I doubt she hung around much at all

give her a few years of growth and she’l see

I'm looking forward to her at Reading Festival for sure.

2 hours ago, robillustrates said:

I thought they did something to her voice to make it loud enough to hear on the larger outdoor stage without her having to change her vocal style, like it was pre recorded and turned way up so she could still do her thing and sound right.

I rewatched the clip that was posted on youtube and you can hear that yes, they likely compressed her vocals even more than normal and sent that out to blend better with everything else. You heard her breathes just as much as her screams

Left Miley early to get a good spot and was really looking forward to it however we left after the 3rd song. Far too busy and not loud enough, we were more distracted from people around us so went to see our 2nd full Vampire Weekend set of the weekend which was great! If popularity keeps up I can see her headlining, biggest crowd I saw at the other stage all weekend. 

9915D01B-3B07-42F5-9B02-042E75DC47DE.jpeg

EB576977-46A9-43F7-9E5E-FB3414DF2527.jpeg

278315B2-E62D-4C53-A3D9-96374ABBAB8A.jpeg

A5B54D26-841D-482C-9FD9-63999FE8C0C9.jpeg