Billie Eilish

Matt42

2 minutes ago, Woffy said:

I think that the older you get the further from the front you seem to find yourself. 

PS - I'm taking being called 'lad' by a 25 y/o as a positive start to my Friday!

Jeeeze I can't be assed with being down the front anymore that ship sailed a long time ago. I prefer a good centre spot between the middle and back where I'm able to observe everything that is going. Being in the action can be great but there's something incredible about being able to take it all in Infront of you.

8 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Good lad. The age thing doesn't matter. Sometimes I think I'm the youngest when I go to gigs and I'm 25 but oh well. If the gig bangs, the gig bangs. Billie for the people!

It's weird, I'm absolutely not self-conscious about it at all.  Went to Magic Gang last year and felt bloody ancient, but was in the middle of the bounce with everyone else and loved it.  But something about this one I just feel like I'd be, I dunno, intruding. Odd really.

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

When you next see your friend tell him to have a bloody word with himself. Jeeeez!

Yeah, that fella's missing a few of the internal control systems that stop normal people from saying stuff. Bloody liability. I'll have a word :D

Edited by Quark

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

Jeeeze I can't be assed with being down the front anymore that ship sailed a long time ago. I prefer a good centre spot between the middle and back where I'm able to observe everything that is going. Being in the action can be great but there's something incredible about being able to take it all in Infront of you.

I've gravitated much more to the front as I've got older.  As per previous, my self-consciousness has diminished massively with age and I love being bang in the middle of it :)

Listened to the album yesterday and watched the Coachella set this morning. I wondered how her soft, breathy style was going to translate live but they managed to make it feel intimate, maybe because of the dark and the excellent set production. What stage is she on at Glastonbury? Can't see it working in the daylight on the Pyramid, probably more suited to high up on the John Peel or Other Stage, similar to Lorde in 2017. Was good though, think she's definitely 2019s female breakthrough act

Yeah Billie will work best in the dark. It’s a difficult one to place. I don’t know if they’d give her an other sub slot just yet. But if you put her in the JP you won’t be getting anywhere near that thing it will be overflowing.

My best bet is she’l probably sub or headline the JP and it’l be a packed set.

According to the Coachella Reddit apparently she got one of the biggest crowds of the night.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Really like her album, will try and catch the Coachella set.  Just found a little bit though where she seems to forget all the words to one of her songs!

You can tell she was a bit nervous. It’s easy to forget that she’s a 17 year old girl and her first time at coachella is playing on a big stage with one of the biggest crowds of the day.

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You can tell she was a bit nervous. It’s easy to forget that she’s a 17 year old girl and her first time at coachella is playing on a big stage with one of the biggest crowds of the day.

Pitchfork shared a live stream of her set on Facebook earlier and some of the comments attacking her appearance and stuff (mostly from middle aged men) are pretty horrible. I'm not even a big fan but surely if you follow pitchfork you must have some understanding of her music and what's she's about?

19 minutes ago, addicted2noise said:

Pitchfork shared a live stream of her set on Facebook earlier and some of the comments attacking her appearance and stuff (mostly from middle aged men) are pretty horrible. I'm not even a big fan but surely if you follow pitchfork you must have some understanding of her music and what's she's about?

A lot of men just don’t like women and if they see a young girl on the rise to being successful they wanna cut that shit pretty quick.

Edited by Matt42

Definitely more excited to see her now after seeing the Coachella set. Headlining the nme tent (is it even called that anymore ?) at R&L is a bad call given the size of the crowd she's bound to get there. Glasto I'm not too sure, other stage maybe but the same visuals would work better in the dark 

2 minutes ago, Keithy said:

Bit of a weird tweet from Garbage tbh

As far as I can tell, most people are losing their shit because she's released a cracking debut album ??‍♂️

Don't think anyone is sexualising her or anything, so not entirely sure what's creepy.

Suppose it depends what they have seen. I haven't seen anything to suggest creepiness, most people just discuss her music whether they like it or not.