*** Plays Or We Riot

K2SO

On 4/6/2019 at 8:14 PM, fatyeti24 said:

I don't know about being bummed out, cos I've given up hope, but for me it's Aphex Twin.  He's as active as he's ever been (since the 90s anyway), he's put out loads of new music in recent years and has appeared at the festival many times before.  Such a pity that his current live show seems destined to miss the farm.

Ah well.

fatyeti24 totally agree, although I've never been to Glastonbury, its the same story with Electric Picnic in Ireland, I've had a facebook campaign going since he played Forbidden Fruit in Dublin 2011 to get the fecker to Electric Picnic, now his last gig is at Rock En Seine the weekend before the Picnic.  If the rumours of his fees for Coachella and Mexico is anything to go by I think it was a million or something for each gig.  I can't imagine the Picnic paying that, can you imagine Glasto paying that. :)

Edited by pothead pixie

7 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

fatyeti24 totally agree, although I've never been to Glastonbury, its the same story with Electric Picnic in Ireland, I've had a facebook campaign going since he played Forbidden Fruit in Dublin 2011 to get the fecker to Electric Picnic, now his last gig is at Rock En Seine the weekend before the Picnic.  If the rumours of his fees for Coachella and Mexico is anything to go by I think it was a million or something for each gig.  I can't imagine the Picnic paying that, can you imagine Glasto paying that. :)

Doubt he was charging that sort of money for his secret set at Spike in 2014.

10471216_168992536604788_7152273179559071635_o_zps0f0b8f91.jpg

9 hours ago, pothead pixie said:

What! Really??

He headlined Field Day in 2017 alongside opposite RJJ and after Nina Kraviz. I can't really imagine FD paying that either..... Altho, tbf, I have absolutely no idea how much such sets normally cost

hopeful for a Brianjonestown Massacre / Dandy Warhols double... Anton Newcombe just "liked" today's pic of the Pyramid and Worthy Farm on Twitter from ####### or something. New record out, and he had hinted that they might be doing something with the Dandys on their 25th anniversary tour....it's yet to happen.... 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, tevaburger said:

hopeful for a Brianjonestown Massacre / Dandy Warhols double... Anton Newcombe just "liked" today's pic of the Pyramid and Worthy Farm on Twitter from ####### or something. New record out, and he had hinted that they might be doing something with the Dandys on their 25th anniversary tour....it's yet to happen.... 

It looks promising doesn't it?

I saw the BJM recently and they sounded superb - fingers crossed.

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 00.42.28.png

22 hours ago, tevaburger said:

NOW we're talking! Dandy's haven't played for ages and as good as BJM were in 2014, would have preferred to have seen them on the Park rather than John Peel