Jump to content

Isle of Wight 2020


jj200
 Share

Recommended Posts

Some of the bands mentioned to headline.. Stereophonics, Snow Patrol, Lewis Capaldi, Libertines, Catfish etc... are really off putting, not that I don’t like them just seems dull and uninspiring.

It was only 2017 they had DM and the Killers there. Seems like people are suggesting they are going for small arena acts and not big stadium bands anymore. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any of Stereophonics, Kings Of Leon, Foals, Catfish or The Strokes I’d be happy with

 

Across the weekend: Kaiser Chiefs, Snow Patrol, Sam Fender, Kooks

Make or break year tbh, either they’ll go back to stadium level headliners or may be stuck with the lower arena headliners

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, galbani said:

So. Last stab at it. What are people predicting for the big announcement?

 

I'm guessing:

Thu: Westlife

Fri: Kendrick Lamar

Big Top: Smashing Pumpkins

Sat: Catfish + Simple Minds

Big Top: (Some dance act)

Sunday: Billy Joel + Lewis Capaldi

Big Top: Snow Patrol

 

Massive guesses. But all are touring next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best case scenario headliners:

Aerosmith / Coldplay / Billy Joel

Worst case scenario headliners:

Stereophonics / Catfish and t'bottlemen / Florence and t'machine

Support / big top:

Tears For Fears / Lewis Capaldi / Snow Patrol / Simple Minds / Sam Fender / Gerry Cinnamon

And of course, that guy from Starsailor!!! :)

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, BJCrees said:

I'm guessing:

Thu: Westlife

Fri: Kendrick Lamar

Big Top: Smashing Pumpkins

Sat: Catfish + Simple Minds

Big Top: (Some dance act)

Sunday: Billy Joel + Lewis Capaldi

Big Top: Snow Patrol

 

Massive guesses. But all are touring next year.

IoW would never spend that much £££

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Sam217 said:

Make or break year tbh, either they’ll go back to stadium level headliners or may be stuck with the lower arena headliners

I have to agree with this. The problem I see is if they drop down to a 2nd division festival on a scale with Latitude, Kendal etc. they will struggle as the transport costs add a significant extra expense - they need the huge acts to lure people across the water.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some acts I think could be announced 

 

Paul Weller

Ian Brown

Primal Scream

Sam Fender

The Damned

Seasick Steve

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Plastic Mermaids

The Pigeon Detectives

Fontaines D.C

Stereophonics

Foals

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Kaiser Chiefs

Snow Patrol

Crowded House

Squeeze

Lewis Capaldi

Happy Mondays

The Libertines

Sea GIrls

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

 

 

In Summary, we're in for a pretty shite year.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Barnabylike said:

Some acts I think could be announced 

 

Paul Weller

Ian Brown

Primal Scream

Sam Fender

The Damned

Seasick Steve

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Plastic Mermaids

The Pigeon Detectives

Fontaines D.C

Stereophonics

Foals

Catfish and the Bottlemen

Kaiser Chiefs

Snow Patrol

Crowded House

Squeeze

Lewis Capaldi

Happy Mondays

The Libertines

Sea GIrls

Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever

 

 

In Summary, we're in for a pretty shite year.

 

 

 

 

sounds a good mix to me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...