Isle of Wight 2020

jj200

45 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Does the IoW festival tend to announce acts all at once? Or drip feed them?

drip feed as you called it :)

They usually annouce headliners and a few acts, then more acts with Big Top headliners, then the Thursday acts and then bits and bops throughout the year until June! 

Edited by The All Round Ball :|
  • Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Thanks! When do you tend to start getting announcements? In the new year?

2019 announcement seemed pretty delayed and came out in Jan this year. Previous years before that, we have had announcements within the first week of December. After last years, im unsure on when but social medias have been active so could possibly be in December but I cant really say for sure. 

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

2019 announcement seemed pretty delayed and came out in Jan this year. Previous years before that, we have had announcements within the first week of December. After last years, im unsure on when but social medias have been active so could possibly be in December but I cant really say for sure. 

Yes, last year was weird... Ticket sales were offline for weeks (if not months) on end before the announcement. I thought it might get cancelled tbh. I guess that booking acts didn't go according to plan.

I would have thought they'd like to get an announcement out before the end of the year, to capture the "I'd like a ticket as a Christmas gift" market.

29 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yes, last year was weird... Ticket sales were offline for weeks (if not months) on end before the announcement. I thought it might get cancelled tbh. I guess that booking acts didn't go according to plan.

I would have thought they'd like to get an announcement out before the end of the year, to capture the "I'd like a ticket as a Christmas gift" market.

Yeah would make sense. Kind of hoping its out in the next few weeks but that might be me being too hopeful. 

24 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Do tickets tend to sell out quickly?

I missed out on Glastonbury this year and looking into IoW as a replacement!

It really depends on the lineup, 2019 can't have been close to selling out and we bought a ticket for £80 about 3 days before (about half price!) but the year before with the way stronger lineup I doubt that was the case. Its a fantastic festival you will really enjoy it i'm sure.

19 hours ago, gfa said:

It really depends on the lineup, 2019 can't have been close to selling out and we bought a ticket for £80 about 3 days before (about half price!) but the year before with the way stronger lineup I doubt that was the case. Its a fantastic festival you will really enjoy it i'm sure.

I went in 2018 and I remember weekend tickets didn’t sell out till the week of the event 

• Upvote 1

My guy, if IOW drop Foo Fighters as a headliner, ill shit myself with excitement. Di not expect them to still be around next year knowing they have been touring for AGES. I caught them at Reading this year and travelled to Germany to see them in 2018. They are by far my favourite band. Especially live. Lets pray.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

My guy, if IOW drop Foo Fighters as a headliner, ill shit myself with excitement. Di not expect them to still be around next year knowing they have been touring for AGES. I caught them at Reading this year and travelled to Germany to see them in 2018. They are by far my favourite band. Especially live. Lets pray.

They are releasing a new album I believe so they should be on tour but I fear that the festival are moving away from the big money headliners due to the line up last year/price decrease but we will see. The headliners in 2018 were big so lets just hope that 2019 was a one off and get to see The Foo's rocking the main stage.

1 hour ago, Neon said:

image.thumb.png.f2a3f843a1f9384207e211d8aa4f1a06.png

Franz surely to sub the main stage - they would clash with a headliner and people who want to see the headliners will likely want to see Franz. RHCP are expensive but the subs should be a bit better than what they have imo. That Friday is appalling

• Like 1