Isle of Wight 2020

jj200

£126 for islanders.... if you have an Island address, or know someone who has.

They emailed the tickets last year, posted this year...

What to do, what to do.... I promised myself I wouldn't, until the headliners were announced... Be strong!

29 minutes ago, galbani said:

£126 for islanders.... if you have an Island address, or know someone who has.

They emailed the tickets last year, posted this year...

What to do, what to do.... I promised myself I wouldn't, until the headliners were announced... Be strong!

?????‍♂️

Just booked my ticket for next year, the line up always has a few good ones on there and if it doesn't, there's always something good on in Kashmir cafe or at Cirque De Quirk. So, my prediction for next year (still early days so I'm most likely miles off) is

Friday

Main Stage

Foals

Snow Patrol

Tenacious D

Seasick Steve

Zara Larsson

Big Top

Frank Turner and The Sleeping Souls

Rag N Bone Man

Midnight Oil

Mabel

Plastic Mermaids

Saturday

Main Stage

Mumford and Sons

The Lumineers

Doves

Lewis Capaldi

Kate Nash

Big Top

Franz Ferdinand

Dropkick Murphys

The Damned

Beans On Toast

Dr Feelgood

Sunday

Main Stage

Florence + The Machine

Santana

The Specials

Johnny Marr

The Wailers

Charlie XCX

Big Top

Primal Scream

Squeeze

Billy Bragg

The Pigeon Detectives

Louis Berry

The strokes are definitely a bigger headliner than 21p, in price at least anyway. Doubt they will be back so soon anyway. I doubt they will get AM and Coldplay together, do coldplay even do festivals really anymore?

2 hours ago, gfa said:

The strokes are definitely a bigger headliner than 21p, in price at least anyway. Doubt they will be back so soon anyway. I doubt they will get AM and Coldplay together, do coldplay even do festivals really anymore?

They did a couple of festival s in 2016 like Glastonbury, BBC radio 1 big weekend and made in America.

Most of those main stage suggestions aren’t main stream enough, half of them are big top at best, even on budget like this year. 

Rag and bone is more likely to be main stage than Lewis capaldi, he would need to keep up a lot of momentum to get that slot. 

15 hours ago, AMBEV said:

Most of those main stage suggestions aren’t main stream enough, half of them are big top at best, even on budget like this year. 

Rag and bone is more likely to be main stage than Lewis capaldi, he would need to keep up a lot of momentum to get that slot. 

Would have to disagree, The position Rag and Bone man is in is a higher position than Lewis Capaldi. Typically whoever sub headlines the big top plays the same time or overlaps with the headliner on the main stage so it would have to be a large act that can attract a good size crowd even when the headliner is on. Lewis Capaldi has managed to sell out 2 nights at Wembley arena alongside a host of other uk dates and if he played the big top stage, it would be absolutely rammed in there, so Main Stage is probably best for him in my opinion. : )

16 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Would have to disagree, The position Rag and Bone man is in is a higher position than Lewis Capaldi. Typically whoever sub headlines the big top plays the same time or overlaps with the headliner on the main stage so it would have to be a large act that can attract a good size crowd even when the headliner is on. Lewis Capaldi has managed to sell out 2 nights at Wembley arena alongside a host of other uk dates and if he played the big top stage, it would be absolutely rammed in there, so Main Stage is probably best for him in my opinion. : )

See what you’re saying but it’s in 12m time.   You’re assuming he stays as big as he is now. 

12m ago I said Noel would head line and every one on here said he wasn’t big enough...  What do I know  

12m is a long time in music.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looking to head down from Scotland to Isle of Wight for a week and take in the festival with the kids too. The wife and I made the trip in 2011, the Sunday was brutal and had to get ferry back as our tent sailed away :( so thinking of booking a cottage or caravan for the week. Any recommendations on areas to stay in terms of ease of getting to and from the festival? 

10 hours ago, Mr Carbohydrate said:

Any recommendations on areas to stay in terms of ease of getting to and from the festival? 

Ideally you'll want to be in Newport. Places book up pretty quickly though so I would start looking now. 

Buses are pretty good on the Island, especially during festival weekend, so if you end up a bit further out it's no big issue. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Going to be hard to judge this fest I reckon. I can see names like Catfish, Foals, Mumford being there but I have no clue. To unpredictable imo ? Anyone got any thoughts? 

Download just announced Kiss, Maiden and SOAD - so not those three, although I never thought any of them as serious contenders.

tbh, I'm still uncertain of whether they're going to scale back up to a top-tier festival, or keep it at the smaller scale of acts and ticket prices they went for this year.

The 3 you mentioned could all be in the mix, but as headliners? possibly....

1 hour ago, thetime said:

Liam

Florence 

Foals 

To be honest I think it's a good shout, Liam I can see getting the R&L headline nod though or co-headline.

Florence and Foals are probably about right and similar in vein when Foals could still play Glastonbury subbing too. I think Stormzy would be a safe booking too, but I'd punt on the other too.