Isle of Wight 2020

jj200

15 hours ago, BJCrees said:

Foos, Chillis, Kendrick is a believable line up

Not at all - it’d be the biggest set of headliners IOW have had in years which would be surprising coming off the back of a year in which they had to downsize. Also agree that Kendrick would get a shite crowd - IOW doesn’t really attract his audience these days imo. He’s seemingly doing Glastonbury anyway so unlikely he’ll be at this.

On 11/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, BJCrees said:

I think this year isn't a good reflection on IOW - maybe a headliner pulled out? 

Fleetwood Mac played only a few years ago, and Glasto can't get them because they cost too much for their plan. 

Foos, Chillis, Kendrick is a believable line up

Possibly, but I doubt any of them will be there this year. RHCP and Foos have commitments in Europe over IOW weekend.

Reckon its got to be Libertines / Stereophonics / Capaldi - seems well balanced to me and would please most festival goers? Maybe Catfish could be swapped for Stereophonics or 21p perhaps could play with their Ireland date just before Glastonbury?

10 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Could The Libertines headline? Them subbing the Phonics would be a pretty suitable one-two punch.

If they can headline Benicassim then surely? I think they still can maybe have a strong support? Foals I forgot to mention too actually or maye the 1975 as they only seem to be doing maybe Glastonbury and probably TRNSMT?

15 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

The 1975 apparently sold poorly at Summer Sessions so they won't be at TRNSMT.

As for The Libertines, they're doing ballrooms and academies now, so they're absolutely not a headliner.

Really - but TRNSMT has the advantage of being a weekend event and the support is far stronger. I think they could do it if this album is on the same level as the last one? Definitely could do IoW though I think although maybe leave it another year after Reading.

21 hours ago, gfa said:

Reckon its got to be Libertines / Stereophonics / Capaldi - seems well balanced to me and would please most festival goers? Maybe Catfish could be swapped for Stereophonics or 21p perhaps could play with their Ireland date just before Glastonbury?

A very underwhelming trio for my tastes.

This would certainly tie in with the festivals downscaling, which I hope is not a permanent thing. Even so Libertines are bordering on a nostalgia act now. Stereophonics are legitimately big enough but are not an especially exciting choice and I don't reckon Capaldi is headliner material just yet (and would make for quite a dour end to the fest imo).

If these three were it, I'd be looking elsewhere.

45 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

A very underwhelming trio for my tastes.

This would certainly tie in with the festivals downscaling, which I hope is not a permanent thing. Even so Libertines are bordering on a nostalgia act now. Stereophonics are legitimately big enough but are not an especially exciting choice and I don't reckon Capaldi is headliner material just yet (and would make for quite a dour end to the fest imo).

If these three were it, I'd be looking elsewhere.

I wasn't putting them in order fyi

46 minutes ago, DanWhite said:

What are people's thoughts on Gerry Cinnamon headlining the Thursday/Big Top one night? I reckon that would be a big draw for IOW. 

He only played this year in the daytime, I love his music, and it was a great set. Wouldn't be opposed to him playing but it's very soon.

On 11/26/2019 at 3:29 PM, BJCrees said:

Snow Patrol confirmed for Scarborough Open Air July 4th. I think they'd make a great headliner, last headlined in 2007, I think?

SP also at Lytham on the 3rd July.... bit closer to home but other headliners are little mix (Sunday!), lionel ritchie, west life and capaldi so might pop along for the Friday gig.

Hope this isn't an indicator for IoW 2020