Isle of Wight 2020

jj200

5 hours ago, BJCrees said:

A lot of acts there that would fit nicely on IOW's bill - just squeeze some guilty pleasures in and you've got a line up.

Also, Tame Impala announced for APE in May, would be amazing Big Top Sunday night.

Pretty sure they’re a UK exclusive for APE so doubt they’d be booked

6 hours ago, BJCrees said:

A lot of acts there that would fit nicely on IOW's bill - just squeeze some guilty pleasures in and you've got a line up.

Also, Tame Impala announced for APE in May, would be amazing Big Top Sunday night.

They would headline main

27 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Foo fighters?

They are around in June touring at fests already and im pretty sure Giddings has said he would want them back. BUT they are far too big for the size of the festival now IMO. Foos are my favourite band and i would love to see them at IOW but i just cant see it happening :( 

53 minutes ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

They are around in June touring at fests already and im pretty sure Giddings has said he would want them back. BUT they are far too big for the size of the festival now IMO. Foos are my favourite band and i would love to see them at IOW but i just cant see it happening :( 

This is not necessarily the case. If you go on this year's line-up I agree, but only last year saw Depeche Mode and the Killers, and Foos would not be out of place with those two. I'd certainly be fairly chuffed if the Foos were headlining, and it'd go done very well with my group. Keep the faith

1 hour ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Do people think Kendrick could ever have a chance to headline IOW?

He's certainly got the stature, (if IOW go back to the scale of previous years) but they've never done an outright headliner who is hip hop (Run DMC co-headlined previously) so not sure how that would play with the IOW crowd, whose tastes are quite middle-of-the-road compared to other fests. That said, I expect him to do Glastonbury before he does IOW. Rumours are that could happen this year.

4 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

Do people think Kendrick could ever have a chance to headline IOW?

I think they would be better off with Stormzy. Probably not worth getting the big name headliner (expensive one) as a hip hop/rap act currently the money would be better spent on the chilis or someone. Would definitely make for a strange crowd and he seems nailed on for BST so I don't think they would want him if thats true. A lower budget headliner not being indie/rock would be cool though.

17 hours ago, WhoOdyssey said:

I think the crowd for Kendrick at IOW would be absolutely dead.

I doubt it, pretty much every young person will be there for Kendrick, and this solely depends on who Big Top would have. I could imagine it would trickle down just after the sound towers.

We had Jay-Z in 2010, and he filled it fairly well, not packed though.

31 minutes ago, BJCrees said:

I think this year isn't a good reflection on IOW - maybe a headliner pulled out? 

Fleetwood Mac played only a few years ago, and Glasto can't get them because they cost too much for their plan. 

Foos, Chillis, Kendrick is a believable line up

If that lineup happened, I'd kill over in excitement haha.