Isle of Wight 2020

jj200

17 hours ago, MAbrey said:

I'm gonna say Kasabian, they have a big gig a week after and iow is a great warm up, feeling the who after the famous 1970 gig. Sam Fender definitely as he missed this year. I think Liam Gallagher will be playing too, weller also as he's announced a tour also. 

Only 2 years after they last headlined? Not a chance. Ditto Liam.

Weller is a good shout though.

6 hours ago, jump said:

They were doing early birds tixs for next year at this years prices.

But this years price was the same as last year's! I dropped 150 on an early bird for this year, and was quite disappointed when the actual price was 175, rather than the 225 it was the year before.

17 minutes ago, Sam217 said:

Chili Peppers announced for a festival in Italy on the Saturday of IOW. That probably rules them out, unless they did the Sunday.

7F786BDC-2C3D-4E19-80BD-57206481CA81.jpeg

I cant see IOW getting anyone like that anyway with how the festival seems to be going to a lower tier. Its a shame but I think headliners will be smaller than RHCP now. I think headliners will be the likes of acts such as Catfish, FATM, Mumford and Sons, Foals and more that level. Not saying these acts are bad because they are not. I would love to see them and ill be doing IOW no matter what just to have a good weekend. But yeah, cant see acts like Foos, RHCP, Coldplay, Green Day or anyone on that level playing the fest anytime soon. I hope im proved wrong but with the price of tics, i cant see it happening. 

We had EB tickets last year. Not this year though...

Doubt we'd have gone last year if we hadn't jumped at the cheaper tickets. It's an expensive weekend for us - time off / travel / ferry / hotel.. tickets are a small part of the cost - so this year we've decided to wait for the line-up then decide.

It's a shame it seems to be going this way as the weekend is great, the people we meet are nice, the hotel is lovely and the sun always shines...

Last year - 10 of the performers appealed to us. None of them headliners. WTF was Lilly Allen and FBS doing so high on the lineup (and above James!!!!!!! -  Tim Booth has more musical talent in one of his farts that she has ever had?).

My opinion. I'm sure others will disagree.

Edited by galbani
Clarification that James is a band, rather than one person - thanks WhoOdyssey

15 minutes ago, galbani said:

We had EB tickets last year. Not this year though...

Doubt we'd have gone last year if we hadn't jumped at the cheaper tickets. It's an expensive weekend for us - time off / travel / ferry / hotel.. tickets are a small part of the cost - so this year we've decided to wait for the line-up then decide.

It's a shame it seems to be going this way as the weekend is great, the people we meet are nice, the hotel is lovely and the sun always shines...

Last year - 10 of the performers appealed to us. None of them headliners. WTF was Lilly Allen and FBS doing so high on the lineup (and above James!!!!!!!) who has more musical talent in one of his farts that she has ever had?

My opinion. I'm sure others will disagree.

I enjoyed last year as its a weekend to what you make it. BUT I really into Rock more than anything and there were bits to see but not as much. Like IDLES and Biffy were insane for me and i loved it. Just hoping 2020 still pulls in some good rock bands. Im in the same boat though, waiting to see the line up but most probs go anyway :)

Yeah it’s a personal thing I guess, I really enjoyed Lily Allen amongst many others. I realise she is a little pillock in the extreme but at the time I had a ball. It was a good festival for me, a pathetic old sod at best .  And would recommend it to anyone of any age.

The main stage is of coarse only a small part of the pleasure to be had.

23 hours ago, The All Round Ball :| said:

I cant see IOW getting anyone like that anyway with how the festival seems to be going to a lower tier. Its a shame but I think headliners will be smaller than RHCP now. I think headliners will be the likes of acts such as Catfish, FATM, Mumford and Sons, Foals and more that level. Not saying these acts are bad because they are not. I would love to see them and ill be doing IOW no matter what just to have a good weekend. But yeah, cant see acts like Foos, RHCP, Coldplay, Green Day or anyone on that level playing the fest anytime soon. I hope im proved wrong but with the price of tics, i cant see it happening. 

I share your concern, but only last year they had Depeche Mode and The Killers, certified stadium acts, and tbf Kasabian are technically that level as of next summer.

I certainly hope that this years somewhat reduced line-up was a result of short-term issues and they will rise again. I worry that if it remains a second division festival, it will suffer, because I can't see as many people making the effort and expenditure to get to the island for a line-up similar to Latitude or Kendal Calling... which is kind of what happened to Bestival.

• Upvote 1

There might be luck in bands like RHCP, even though years ago there were huge headliners, they couldn't sell out stadiums now. And I doubt they'd attract a crowd as big as George Ezra.  They're just not as relevant as they used to be. If they play IOW, you'd have a artist for the teens like Khalid in Big Top.

Coldplay however are certainly too huge for IOW now. But the management will remember that they headlined in 2006, they'll be favourable on that. And they'll attract to all ages. 

Edited by BJCrees

Surely Stereophonics/Pet shop Boys would be likely - maybe psb to do a closing set? Would be an awesome end to a night them both in a row? I think if they go for the cheaper option maybe have them both as headliners then maybe like the 1975 to bring in a younger crowd like George Ezra this year?

Pet shop boys

stereophonics??

OR:

stereophonics (psb closing set)

big artist - foos/rhcp/older band or someone solo maybe

Edited by gfa

4 hours ago, gfa said:

Surely Stereophonics/Pet shop Boys would be likely - maybe psb to do a closing set? Would be an awesome end to a night them both in a row? I think if they go for the cheaper option maybe have them both as headliners then maybe like the 1975 to bring in a younger crowd like George Ezra this year?

Pet shop boys

stereophonics??

OR:

stereophonics (psb closing set)

big artist - foos/rhcp/older band or someone solo maybe

I think both PSB and 1975 will be at Glastonbury... IOW usually gets headliners to be exclusive to them, so my money would be on them not playing this year.

Stereophonics a possibility though. Not one that would excite me, I'm afraid.

I wouldn't rule out Coldplay completely. They are obviously huge right now but IOW may be able to throw a massive fee their way, and the band are wise enough to appreciate the positives of a festival set. I'd very much like it to happen, and although not likely, certainly possible.