Isle of Wight 2020

jj200

Good Line Up. I think it'll either go two ways

Option 1

They'll go back to how Isle of Wight use to be with Bigger Headliners but less of a strong undercard. If they do go in that direction I can see it being

Friday - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Saturday - Gorillaz , Snow Patrol

Sunday - Foo Fighters

Option 2

They stay on the path they're on at the moment by having some smaller headliners but a stronger undercard instead. if that is the case then I can see it being

Friday - Catfish and The Bottlemen

Saturday - Florence + The Machine, New Order

Sunday - Mumford and Sons

This is still very speculative however at this present time this is who I think it could possibly be 

13 hours ago, Barnabylike said:

Good Line Up. I think it'll either go two ways

Option 1

They'll go back to how Isle of Wight use to be with Bigger Headliners but less of a strong undercard. If they do go in that direction I can see it being

Friday - Red Hot Chili Peppers

Saturday - Gorillaz , Snow Patrol

Sunday - Foo Fighters

Option 2

They stay on the path they're on at the moment by having some smaller headliners but a stronger undercard instead. if that is the case then I can see it being

Friday - Catfish and The Bottlemen

Saturday - Florence + The Machine, New Order

Sunday - Mumford and Sons

This is still very speculative however at this present time this is who I think it could possibly be 

Can't see gorlliaz and foo fighters doing it next year as they are both having a break next year and damalm is touring with the good the bad and the queen.

• 2 months later...

I'm saving the dates and have provisionally booked the hotel but no intention of getting an early bird ticket.

I really enjoy the laid back atmosphere at the IoW but it's an expensive and time consuming festival (transport / hotel / time off work) so I want to make sure we get reasonable value for money. This year fell just short in terms of value, imvho.

As for next year's line-up - like this year - who knows what Giddings and the team can magic up.

We were all talking about the Muse this year!!! That would be wicked!  Red Hot Chilli's would be amazing if they show up on time this time and play the full set!! 2014 (?!?!?)...  a little disappointed..   Loving all the suggestions though.   Now the hangover is finally starting to wear off... I'm already thinking about next year.    Its a bit like having a baby...  it doesn't take long to forget the pain on Monday (ok and Tuesday)and want to do it all again.

• Upvote 1

They'll be looking at the numbers and deciding what generates the best revenue stream for the Live Nation / Ticketmaster / Giddings festival business.

If that means second rate head liners but increased sales of lower cost tickets (ie more money spent at the fest) then so be it.

It's a business. The visitor demographic will be analysed to the nth degree along with spend via card / phone.

16 hours ago, galbani said:

They'll be looking at the numbers and deciding what generates the best revenue stream for the Live Nation / Ticketmaster / Giddings festival business.

If that means second rate head liners but increased sales of lower cost tickets (ie more money spent at the fest) then so be it.

It's a business. The visitor demographic will be analysed to the nth degree along with spend via card / phone.

Contactless will be a major thing.  My mate who run pubs were always against having card machines. First weekend one had it in sales went up by 20% on the year before. No one spend invisible money like a drunk person. 

Tickets out tomorrow.  I’m buying a camper van ticket and going to sit on it.  

Wont be doing pink moon again so if I do go it’ll be in the van. 

Will decide on tickets at a later date then. 

I’m  90% up for it. Just need a bit more convincing. 

3 hours ago, galbani said:

Hmmm. Worth thinking about. Costs about another £40 for the van over the car on the ferry. 

Camper spaces sell out quite quickly I believe?

I drive any way.  Only down side for me is the walk to the main stage.  I paced it as 25-30 mins.  Only do it there and back once a day but he’ll of a treck  

showers, space, clean field, not lugging everything, park up and drink being most of the positives.