Glastonbury Videos

Fork_UK

I'm very excited now! I love watching videos. My boyfriend hasn't been before and I often struggle to show him how incredible a place it is through videos, I find they don't quite do it justice but there's some great ones here I will show him tonight!

On 4/6/2019 at 9:27 AM, Fork_UK said:

One of my favourite things to do in the run-up to Glasto is to watch videos that people have made of Glastonbury - whether they be professionally made, set-to-music montage films, or self-made vlogs with the front camera of a mobile phone.  Many times, I've got myself into a 2-3 hour YouTube Loop, having lost myself in seeing everyone's different experiences.  

I think we need a thread where people post their favourite videos of Glastonbury - not performance sets from bands on stages, BBC style, but self-made videos of Glastonbury Festival as a whole.  Whether they be on YouTube, Vimeo, or wherever, and whether made by you, or someone else.

To start us off, this is probably my favourite Glastonbury video.  I must have watched it dozens of times as I think it really captures the spirit of the place:

Afternoon off so YouTube on and watching some of these vids. Loving the glidestonbury ones really really well put together.

The 2013 has snippets of the slamboree video for death of a festival....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

It just amazes me how I can watch these videos and think about how different my experiences are from everyone's. It's part of what makes the festival magical. 

I feel the same. Some look so civilised for a start! 

One year after the festival I was on here & read through so many festival sets of the weekend etc, I'd only seen about 3 of the 25 or so people mentioned.

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I feel the same. Some look so civilised for a start! 

One year after the festival I was on here & read through so many festival sets of the weekend etc, I'd only seen about 3 of the 25 or so people mentioned.

Definitely seems like a lot are going to bed at decent times ? Meanwhile I've seen the sun rise on the wrong end most nights. 

This is classic.  And the music is tops. The year is 1971 and the pyramid field is where it is now.  The young woman on stage, with long fair hair and a lilac top, is the late, great Arabella Churchill. She funded the festival with a legacy. 

Edited by scorp
fix typos

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

And I thought 2016 was bad ?

Good times!

I still think 2005 weather was better- it was beautiful, scorching hot and sunny on the Wednesday and Thursday, flood Friday, but then no more rain and bone dry and sunny on the Sunday (ground was nice and springy once the mud had vanished. 2016 just seemed to be muddy the whole festival.

Edited by Mr.Tease

My friend made this a few years back and it still gives me the feels....the juxtaposition between day and night is too real - there's a load of strangers in the night time bit too so shout if you see yourself! ?

Edited by brightyoungthing
I am useless at posting videos!!
  • Upvote 1