Glastonbury Videos

Fork_UK

One of my favourite things to do in the run-up to Glasto is to watch videos that people have made of Glastonbury - whether they be professionally made, set-to-music montage films, or self-made vlogs with the front camera of a mobile phone.  Many times, I've got myself into a 2-3 hour YouTube Loop, having lost myself in seeing everyone's different experiences.  

I think we need a thread where people post their favourite videos of Glastonbury - not performance sets from bands on stages, BBC style, but self-made videos of Glastonbury Festival as a whole.  Whether they be on YouTube, Vimeo, or wherever, and whether made by you, or someone else.

To start us off, this is probably my favourite Glastonbury video.  I must have watched it dozens of times as I think it really captures the spirit of the place:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Fork_UK said:

I think we need a thread where people post their favourite videos of Glastonbury - not performance sets from bands on stages, BBC style, but self-made videos of Glastonbury Festival as a whole.  Whether they be on YouTube, Vimeo, or wherever, and whether made by you, or someone else.

There is in fact already a thread that does exactly this. It’s been running for a few years now and has loads of great videos on it:

8 hours ago, Fork_UK said:

One of my favourite things to do in the run-up to Glasto is to watch videos that people have made of Glastonbury - whether they be professionally made, set-to-music montage films, or self-made vlogs with the front camera of a mobile phone.  Many times, I've got myself into a 2-3 hour YouTube Loop, having lost myself in seeing everyone's different experiences.  

To start us off, this is probably my favourite Glastonbury video.  I must have watched it dozens of times as I think it really captures the spirit of the place:

This is ace - gonna work through the others now - thanks for sharing

5 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

No probs! Must be much easier to spot yourself in these videos with the famed Pyramid hat ? 

I actually bumped into you and said hi last year by the Glade. 

True ... :) it’s a bit hazy at that point .. I got approached by lots of efest members at the glade within the space of about 10 mins :) .. enjoy this year and don’t forget to say hello again :) 

• Like 1

On 4/6/2019 at 5:19 PM, ravermum said:

My son’s video of his 1st Glasto - 2017 - aged 9

Absolutely brilliant, looks like he had an amazing time. Also great to see the inclusion of the environmental messages the festival promotes and your son's willingness to engage with them in his vlog. Well done teeee

• Like 1

In 2013 I went to Glastonbury on my own. My lad usually comes with me but for some reason he couldn't come that year so I told him I would video some stuff to show him what he missed. It was general stuff...me set up in CV East, the markets and stuff, crowds milling around on Wednesday and Thursday, bits and pieces from the different stages after that...just a sense of what it was like, y'know? Anyway, when I got back I edited it down (still runs for over an hour!!) and set it to some music of acts that played that year. It's only an amateur offering - not a patch on some of the stuff out there - but I enjoy watching it now and again and it brings back memories and gets me in the mood as we get closer to each festival :D

If you do sit through it, I hope you enjoy it!

Much love :D

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2