Hawkwind confirmed to headline Acoustic Stage

StoneCircle

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:24 AM, Ayrshire Chris said:

All I remember was a guy called Twink 

used to know someone who played drums for them at one gig. Was hanging out with them and Russell Hunter (think that was him) was too out of it to leave where ever they were, so as he had played drums before was asked to do the gig, which he did, with Twink on the other set.

• 3 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Much as I would like to see it, me thinks Brock and Turner will share a stage only after hell freezes over, unfortunately. 

17 minutes ago, sparkythetortoise said:

Much as I would like to see it, me thinks Brock and Turner will share a stage only after hell freezes over, unfortunately. 

Totally agree, about as much chance as Lemmy rejoining, I just meant that there must a good chance of both bands playing the festival, albeit different days, different stages!

29 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Totally agree, about as much chance as Lemmy rejoining, I just meant that there must a good chance of both bands playing the festival, albeit different days, different stages!

Oh I see - makes more sense.

I saw Hawklords a little while ago, and though Nik was supposed to be with them, his car broke down, so he didn't make it. I got this from the Sound Engineer, who seemed mightily unimpressed with Nik's contribution to date "You didn't miss much," he said,  and the band didn't mention it at all. I got the impression it was a very temporary and not altogether happy arrangement. Space Ritual seems to have imploded too, sadly - one of my many Glastonbury traditions I've had to park - but i guess Nik will still be parping discordantly on the Mandella Stage, god bless 'im.

That said, I shall now dwell over the fantasy of a surprise reconciliation during Master of the Universe, with Nik taking his rightful place on vocals, leading Micheal himself to have a rethink - hastily binning the Killers for a newly reunified Hawkwind circa 73 as Saturday night Pyramind headliner.   

• Upvote 1

Now that would be quite something, just like the old days! Saw Space Ritual do a great set in that tent in The Park, & thoroughly enjoyed Inner City Unit one year! Last time I went in 2016, waited for Nics set but he never made it, he was stuck in traffic! Never seen Hawklords but looking forward to catching them on the autumn tour in Plymouth & then Hawkwind a few weeks later in Bristol! It’s going to be a vintage year for space rock!

• 2 weeks later...