Hawkwind confirmed to headline Acoustic Stage

StoneCircle

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

It was Larry I was I thinking of.

He was also in a very early version of UFO before Michael Schenker! Real shame Glastonbury has never had more classic rock bands!

I saw the Pink Fairies a couple of times in the 70s at the Roundhouse. I thought Lemmy was with them but i think I saw Motörhead as well so may be thinking of that. Also saw Hawkwind at Brunel university around 1976/7. It will be great to see them at Glastonbury 

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Mate was so out of it last time out he was trying to get to see Radiohead and stumbled into the acoustic and ended up seeing status quo with an accordion player playing an acoustic set. He actually enjoyed it. 

Did he realise it wasn't Radiohead playing?

Hawkwind was my first ever gig at Chatham Central hall in 1975 when i was 14

Dont remember much apart from-

They seemed to play Sonic Attack for ever

They didn't play Silver Machine,

Stacia danced naked but i had been too vain to wear my Joe 90 national health specs and couldn't see her from my balcony  seat.

We all got free badges from a big bag that was passed from seat to seat which at the time i put down to a nice hippy gesture, but in retrospect they were probably nicked from the merch stand

Although Lemmy had been sacked the previous year they were still selling his "Lemmy a quid til Friday "T shirts.

44 years later it may be time to see them again

59 minutes ago, tjamest said:

Hawkwind was my first ever gig at Chatham Central hall in 1975 when i was 14

Dont remember much apart from-

They seemed to play Sonic Attack for ever

They didn't play Silver Machine,

Stacia danced naked but i had been too vain to wear my Joe 90 national health specs and couldn't see her from my balcony  seat.

We all got free badges from a big bag that was passed from seat to seat which at the time i put down to a nice hippy gesture, but in retrospect they were probably nicked from the merch stand

Although Lemmy had been sacked the previous year they were still selling his "Lemmy a quid til Friday "T shirts.

44 years later it may be time to see them again

Great post, and yea Lemmy was sacked from Hawkwind that year for being too out of it all the time and doing far too much whizz, blessing in disguise indeed because Motorhead was then born and unleashed upon the world. Big respect to anyone that gets sacked from Hawkwind for being too out of it!!

His Lemmy name came from that "Lemmy a quid til Friday" phrase.  I want one of those tshirts!

Edited by Cooter