Hawkwind confirmed to headline Acoustic Stage

StoneCircle

As I said previously in another thread, they deserve to be there, as one of the extremely few acts still going who played the second Glastonbury in 1971 (Al Stewart should be invited too!) they are part of the festival heritage. 

I’ve already got a ticket for their 50th anniversary tour so if there’s a clash I’m not too worried but I hope to be there, Rickie Lee Jones too! Super!

24 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’ve already got a ticket for their 50th anniversary tour so if there’s a clash I’m not too worried but I hope to be there,

Same here. Wish I could go to the Albert hall gig but ah well.

Would be good if Nik Turner played with them as he is always there, but unlikely I guess.

28 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

Same here. Wish I could go to the Albert hall gig but ah well.

Would be good if Nik Turner played with them as he is always there, but unlikely I guess.

& pigs might fly, but we can dream

1 hour ago, Avalon_Fields said:

As I said previously in another thread, they deserve to be there, as one of the extremely few acts still going who played the second Glastonbury in 1971 (Al Stewart should be invited too!) they are part of the festival heritage. 

I’ve already got a ticket for their 50th anniversary tour so if there’s a clash I’m not too worried but I hope to be there, Rickie Lee Jones too! Super!

There used to be a band called the pink fairies who used to play with hawkwind, they had a couple of tracks on the Glastonbury Fayre triple album. Wonder if they are still going? 

With the Cure headlining this year, I thought I might finally brave the Pyramid this year, but I can't see that trumping Hawkwind at Glastonbury - never thought I would see it - so cross fingers they're not on the Saturday.

...and yes, surely, if Nik was ever going to parp with them ever again this will be the time - what a healing experience that would be

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

There used to be a band called the pink fairies who used to play with hawkwind, they had a couple of tracks on the Glastonbury Fayre triple album. Wonder if they are still going? 

I'm pretty sure there's been a version of them around in the 20 years I've been doing efests, tho its a while since i remembering seeing the name.

If i'm remembering my rock history properly, wasn't one of the original motorhead from the fairies?

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They played in Brizzle a year or so ago, not sure how many were the originals though. 

Just now, eFestivals said:

I'm pretty sure there's been a version of them around in the 20 years I've been doing efests, tho its a while since i remembering seeing the name.

If i'm remembering my rock history properly, wasn't one of the original motorhead from the fairies?

Larry Wallis played with them for a while so yes, your memory is correct. They sort of played the Spirit of 71 stage on the 40th anniversary, though only as Mick Farren's backing band. I grimaced my way through it, hoping to hear Do It or Uncle Sam's Last Freakout, but we only got some pretty grim sounding stuff from Mr Farren's Deviant days.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Yes, I think Steve p took ex Tyrannosaurus rex also played with them. One really big regret was my decision a long time ago to sell my original copy of the vinyl Glastonbury Fayre triple album with its pop up pyramid, booklet etc. That’s where I heard the pink fairies. 

16 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Larry Wallis was Motorheads first guitarist & was in The Pink Fairies prior to joining them

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

They used to team up with Hawkwind and play as Pinkwind. They are indeed still about the last I heard. Be great for them to turn up somewhere

Last year Hawkwind played Citadel. TBF after a few songs I wasn't really feeling it, and then they brought on Mike Batt (yes, he of Womble) on keyboards, and I must admit I felt a calling elsewhere very soon after...

However, your mileage might well vary! ?