Worthy View vs Love fields

Just.a.Rascal

So Love fields replied to my enquiry. According to them "The Highlands is located just a 5 to 8 minute stroll from all the main Love Fields amenities down by Gate C and approximately 5 minutes walk from Gate B". It is a gentle slope area - the hike is nothing too extreme like worthy view. They also attached a rough map area showing love fields (outlined in pink), approximate locations of gate B and C and the highlands (highlighted in pink). I must say they have been very friendly and professional in their reply.

So what do you guys think? Seems the area is close to gate B and I can pop back into my tent in between...

20190409_130135.jpg

Edited by Just.a.Rascal

You'll survive if that's the best option.  Assuming LF has facilities (i.e., bathroom and shower trailers) in the Highlands area then you could stay there, use gate B, and be fine.  It will be a long walk from gate B to the main areas of the festival, but it's a long walk anywhere at Glasto.  You're the same distance away as some of the campervan east parking.  Just pack your daily gear with you, and don't plan to return to the tent until the end of the night (although you could return if necessary).

Since you're bringing a tent, another option would be to camp inside the festival at one of the outer areas near gates A and D.  From what I've seen those sites are not densely packed even during the peak of the festival.  I defer to others on exactly which sites are best.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I was able to secure a scout tent in worthy view resale. Was aiming for yurt but had to settle for a tent. It was really squeaky bum time as I was entering my registration number as bank card number...lol... and the transaction was not going through as a result...it was mayhem...anyway all good now...Looking forward to the summer now!!!?

36 minutes ago, kabillion said:

Congrats. This is my 2nd time at Worthy View. I stayed in a tent last time as the other options were so difficult to secure. Tent again this year, but they are great. 

Same here, this will be our second time, last was 2016. Scout tents are decent for two. Hopefully arriving early wed morning so with little queues should be settled in early and down on the site ASAP. One of the advantages of WV. 

So Love Feilds offer pitch your own tent spaces and its sold out... Whats the point if theres no pre erected tent? Why would anyone want to pay them to camp outside the festival when you can camp inside the festival for free?

Edited by Madyaker

9 minutes ago, Madyaker said:

So Love Feilds offer pitch your own tent spaces and its sold out... Whats the point if theres no pre erected tent? Why would anyone want to pay them to camp outside the festival when you can camp inside the festival for free?

Got those who don’t want to rub shoulders with the great unwashed?

4 hours ago, deadpheasant said:

We've got an extra slot in our tent in WV. Can we phone up Glastonbury and get our friend to join us(who got a ticket in the resale)? Does it have to be the accomodation holser or can any of the accounts linked to that tent request it?

You don't have to do anything. You just need the festival ticket. Doesn't matter when you bought it. You will be asked for names in June.

On 4/28/2019 at 9:08 PM, Madyaker said:

Park next to tent, can’t get there until later etc etc

not my bag at all, but courses for horses innit.

and there is a hill to get to it ?

On 4/28/2019 at 3:08 PM, Madyaker said:

We are pitching our own tent in Love Fields for the third time this year.

There are many factors in deciding that this is right for us:

1. At 61 it becomes increasingly hard to move a sack truck loaded with stuff anything up to a mile in order to set up your tent. At Love Fields you can park very close to your car and in dry years can drive to your pitch to drop off all your kit.

2. It may be out side the festival fence, but it's actually closer to the stages we spend much of our time at (Pyramid, West Holts, Acoustic, Avalon) than much of the on-site camping.

3. There's space and it's usually very quiet at night.

4. There are showers and flushing toilets.

5. We arrive early Wednesday afternoon and drive straight in (as long as there's no disaster with flooding etc) - it's also very easy to get out on Monday morning provided you leave early enough.

6. There's a really nice little bar with camp fire that's great to stop at on the way back to the tent.

I'm not saying that it's better than being on-site, we've down that many times in the past as well, but it is an alternative that suits us. Of course, it seems to get more expensive every year and there may well come a point that we decide it's too dear. All the off-site options seem to be putting up their prices every year. I guess they will keep doing so until they stop selling out.
Wherever you all pitch up I wish you a happy (and dry!) Glastonbury.

• Like 2