Thursday night

Magic Rat

First Glastonbury coming up. 

What's the story Thursday night? Saw it mentioned somewhere that Sheryl Crow might be likely to do a secret gig. Any ideas where?

Any recommendations? I'm not into dance/electronica, more a guitar man.

Which areas or bars are best on the Thursday?

Thanks ?

Wednesday and Thursday are both settling in, relaxing and chilling out days with any entertainment to be found at the smaller venues, of which there are many and various. Some of this will be publicised before, much on the day. In many of the bars you will find a guitarist or small band often giving seemingly impromptu sets.  Explore and seek out. 

As regards a secret set (e.g. by Sheryl  Crow), if happening I think it's more likely on one of the bigger stages which open up at the weekend, maybe Park or John Peel. As I recall secret sets don't happen on the Pyramid, Other or West Holts.

I found myself up at Srummerville in 2016 on Thursday night for the lighting of the bonfire (which they keep going over the whole festival) and liked the significance of it (there was no real ceremony or anything, just someone casually lighting it) so I made sure I was up there again in 2017.  Really chilled place with sofas around the fire, a small stage and a bar - one of my favourite places.  But I can't actually remember if anyone actually plays on the stage on Thursday night - I think they do but...my memory's hazy.  

17 hours ago, Magic Rat said:

First Glastonbury coming up. 

What's the story Thursday night? Saw it mentioned somewhere that Sheryl Crow might be likely to do a secret gig. Any ideas where?

Any recommendations? I'm not into dance/electronica, more a guitar man.

Which areas or bars are best on the Thursday?

Thanks ?

Avalon Cafe plus a number of smaller tents in the Green Fields have a lot of non-dance type stuff. Some of the bars too such as West Holts, Kasbah, Bread & Roses and Chameleon have bands or DJs that tend to play different stuff.

I'd say not much chance of a Sheryl Crow secret set, where did you hear that? She'll be playing one of the main stages on Friday.

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Avalon Cafe plus a number of smaller tents in the Green Fields have a lot of non-dance type stuff. Some of the bars too such as West Holts, Kasbah, Bread & Roses and Chameleon have bands or DJs that tend to play different stuff.

I'd say not much chance of a Sheryl Crow secret set, where did you hear that? She'll be playing one of the main stages on Friday.

i am not sure about non dance type stuff...? The wonderful Cut Capers had them up on the tables of Avalon Cafe last time round...

This is what I saw last time on Thursday according to clashfinder, as you'll see it's a bit more low key than her, but some of these fit pretty busy anyway, just as there's none of the biggest stages open. 

The Smyths William's Green 17:00 - 17:40
Pumarosa William's Green 20:00 - 20:40
Cut Capers Avalon Café Stage 22:00 - 23:00
Old Dirty Brasstards William's Green 23:00 - 23:45