Buying ticket from China

ssssnllll

Hello!

Bit of an odd question really. My friend missed out on a ticket on the original sale date in October and will be trying for both coach resale and general resale in a couple weeks time. My friends and I who already have tickets are going to try on her behalf, to increase her chances. Now on the coach resale date I’m going to be in China, and was wondering if anyone had any success buying a ticket from there specifically in the past?

The only reason I ask is because in my group of 6 in October, I was in LA, and I was the only one to get through and book our tickets. Which sort of made me think that there may be a certain batch of tickets reserved for overseas bookings. However, China’s quite strict on internet usage and I’m fairly certain I’ll have to use a VPN. 

Just wondering if anyone’s had any luck in the past? I know it’s quite a specific query!

Thanks 

11 hours ago, marathonsteve said:

My daughter was in a group of 6 and strangely enough the only one one to get through was on holiday in America.

If you are East Coast thats the middle of the night... fair play to her.

My experience of China (which will at least be later in the afternoon) was that it may not be the interweb that doesnt work but specific sites could be spotty... you can hit them one day and not the next.. I havent personally been for 5 years but my last employer had agencies based there.

Wouldn't expect seetickets to be blocked but if it is so are some VPN services.

However connections from mainland china to the west are generally slow / high latency so don't think the chances of getting a ticket that way to be good.

Had one of these sim cards for data last time I was over there, oddly didn't seem to be subject to the great firewall so could still access Facebook etc without needing to mess about with VPN.

Edited by I am Jon