April

shuttlep

so it's April

and looking back at the Thingy and what gets released, for the past few years the Map has been released in April. I am so excited for this. I hope the glade release their line up this month.

what else will be out in April?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

55 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

What is like getting the train from Paddington in terms of queues and general amount of people? Surprisingly easy or is it a hassle?

We did it in 2017 and there were no queues, was very easy. Booked on the train at about 11ish Weds morning. The train was pretty full but not overcrowded, and we had a seat. Bit of a queue for the shuttle bus at Castle Cary, maybe an hour or so, but well organised and friendly enough. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

What is like getting the train from Paddington in terms of queues and general amount of people? Surprisingly easy or is it a hassle?

I've usually not had a problem, and find it all pretty convenient, since you reserve seats and you're the first on the train. That being said, in 2017, the very first train was delayed - then cancelled - and merged with the next one, meaning all reservations were invalid (didn't stop some entitled shits trying, of course) and it was minor carnage. But clearly that is not the norm.

The transfer from Castle Cary has always been pretty easy, since we always get the first Wednesday train out of Paddington. Train home also totally fine, they usually just bung you on whatever train they can. 

• Like 1

I agree that the map is a big one for me. I actually keep checking the "Info" section of the site to see whether it has been updated. I'm feeling that the Silver Hayes line up is going to be a pretty big deal this year and I'm interested to see what Arcadia and Shangri La are doing with their areas so hoping for some titbits in April. 

The map will be anticipated even more this year with it being after the fallow and news of changes etc it's always good to see how they have moved things around to mix things up again. The new Block 9 part is very intriguing as is whatever they have got planned with this pier and then not to mention what the hell they have planned with Arcadia with no spider this year - i'm sure it will be amazing though! 

11 hours ago, billum said:

Tickets are available now from GWR.com - got mine!! ?

All part of the excitement build-up...

The earliest one that shows for me is at 9:03. What's happened to the rest!?

Found this -

Edited by Tuna

53 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The earliest one that shows for me is at 9:03. What's happened to the rest!?

Yeah I went for 9:03, gets there 10:27, not bad. I'm sure there will be earlier ones added as you say, and often if you turn up they'll get you on the first one leaving for CC no matter what you booked. Same on the way back of course.

Just another little way in which Glastonbury inhabits a much lovelier and easier world than we're used to.... ☺️

4 hours ago, JoeyT said:

Correct me if i'm wrong but in regards to the map it's just put up without an announcement as such isn't it?

I think you're right and it's just someone who keeps checking the page notices it has updated.