See Tickets Coaches

TheFullShaboo

Just seen whilst paying my balance that the coach dates will be released during the week commencing the 13th May.

Just wondering if anybody knew what the potential times of departure are for Manchester, either for this year or last? Last year we were on the 2pm coach on the Wednesday which i presumed was the last one...

There was a list going around for 2014 but i'm not aware of an updated one since then.

54 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just seen whilst paying my balance that the coach dates will be released during the week commencing the 13th May.

Just wondering if anybody knew what the potential times of departure are for Manchester, either for this year or last? Last year we were on the 2pm coach on the Wednesday which i presumed was the last one...

There was a list going around for 2014 but i'm not aware of an updated one since then.

I thought this was the first year that Manchester departures allowed you to pick your coach time??? 

Did you check the deposit payment email? Mine is from Bristol but it said the coach times on it.

I'm on Manchester again - no coach times IIRC. 

Last year ours was the coach with the driver who didn't bother turning up on time, couldn't be arsed loading everyone's gear, looked confused when the bags didn't fit, ran a pub quiz on the way down, cracked bad dad jokes, went the wrong sodding way right at the last second and got us stuck in 45 minutes of unnecessary traffic but got us there so was widely loved by our group. 

Were you on that coach TheFullShaboo? 

I think it was about 9am scheduled departure... got to the site about 6pm ish?!

1 hour ago, jyoung said:

What time did you arrive, out of interest? I'm coaching from Liverpool this year and am dreading a late coach. 

We were on site around 8ish. I cant remember exactly as i was well and truly on my way by this point, even my memory of the half way stop is patchy. All in all a great journey!

1 hour ago, karaseen said:

I thought this was the first year that Manchester departures allowed you to pick your coach time??? 

Did you check the deposit payment email? Mine is from Bristol but it said the coach times on it.

Still no option to pick your coach time from Manchester unfortunately. I'm hoping 2:00pm is the latest as then it means anything i get this year at least wont be worse!

1 hour ago, cheesey_toastie said:

Last year ours was the coach with the driver who didn't bother turning up on time, couldn't be arsed loading everyone's gear, looked confused when the bags didn't fit, ran a pub quiz on the way down, cracked bad dad jokes, went the wrong sodding way right at the last second and got us stuck in 45 minutes of unnecessary traffic but got us there so was widely loved by our group. 

Apart from the pub quiz, that sounds horrendous. Ours left at 2:00pm on the dot, did have a few problems once we got near the festival but that was it.

I'm pretty sure the coach time you get is based on how quickly you bag a ticket. So in 2017 we literally got through in the final few minutes which is why we believe we were on such a late bus. It also gives me hope for this year as we bagged our tickets by 9:04!

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Still no option to pick your coach time from Manchester unfortunately. I'm hoping 2:00pm is the latest as then it means anything i get this year at least wont be worse!

Ok, sorry. I seem to remember on ticket day that someone said that this was the first year you were able to pick Manchester coach times.  I think its pot luck otherwise. Fingers crossed for you, but the end result is the same - YOU ARE GOING TO GLASTONBURY! :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, karaseen said:

Ok, sorry. I seem to remember on ticket day that someone said that this was the first year you were able to pick Manchester coach times.  I think its pot luck otherwise. Fingers crossed for you, but the end result is the same - YOU ARE GOING TO GLASTONBURY! :)

Exactly! Whatever time i arrive ill have a smile on my face (and a can in my hand)!

27 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I'm pretty sure the coach time you get is based on how quickly you bag a ticket. So in 2017 we literally got through in the final few minutes which is why we believe we were on such a late bus. It also gives me hope for this year as we bagged our tickets by 9:04!

...6.04pm?

19 minutes ago, Divein said:

If you drop see an email they should be able tell you I think. 

I have a timehop that come up for 2016 where I had messaged them a few weeks previous for the Stoke time and they had give it me. 

Decided to give this a go. Just sent an email but doubt they will give anything away tbh.

Edited by jyoung

Similar to our coach the year before when there was all the traffic from them opening the camper van field late.

Think we were on the coach for 13 hours total. At one point the driver was driving back towards Bristol for a good 10 minutes before someone politely told him he was driving completely the wrong direction. 

It was dark by the time we got there, no idea how some of the drunk people on that coach managed to get their tents up. 

2 hours ago, karaseen said:

Think Bristol and London get allocated times, all others you have to wait, think it’s early May when they get the times to you

55 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

I'm pretty sure the coach time you get is based on how quickly you bag a ticket.

I think it's just random unfortunately. My coach from Manchester last time was 8:00am and I don't think that was the first one. I'd say you're right and 2pm is probably the last option (hopefully)

2 hours ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Apart from the pub quiz, that sounds horrendous. Ours left at 2:00pm on the dot, did have a few problems once we got near the festival but that was it.

In that case I'll see you at the cider bus some time after 8pm - ours went through as the sold out notifications were going up! Eeeekk! 

In that case I'll see you at the cider bus some time after 8pm - ours went through as the sold out notifications were going up! Eeeekk! 

I got our Thursday tickets just as the final 'sold out' tweet went out! Looks like I might be arriving just in time for Stormzy then

13 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

I got our Thursday tickets just as the final 'sold out' tweet went out! Looks like I might be arriving just in time for Stormzy then

You'll breeze in on a Thursday no worries. The traffic is mostly everyone trying to be first in through the gate on Wednesday. Thursday and early Friday are a piece of cake. 

5 minutes ago, cheesey_toastie said:

You'll breeze in on a Thursday no worries. The traffic is mostly everyone trying to be first in through the gate on Wednesday. Thursday and early Friday are a piece of cake. 

Yeah my last 2 Thurs coaches from Leeds have left at 7am which is ideal. An afternoon departure would be pretty gutting though - need that afternoon bar crawl!

21 minutes ago, Midgery-doo-daa said:

Ok so this might be a stupid question but I need my mind putting to rest . . .

We booked as a group of 6 on the same order, are we guaranteed to be on the same coach even if we all pay our balances separately?

Yup - you'll have a designated coach from when you booked in December (even if this isn't visible to you yet if not London/Bristol).

• Like 1