Ive paid my balance thread

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

Does anyone else keep shitting themselves that they haven't paid and keep going back to check the confirmation e-mail? 

I always assumed that was standard practice for everyone whose paid. Checked it, had confirmation resent, printed a hard copy, printed off bank statement.,

amazed the idea that so many go back into the pot though it’s good for those desperate to go and praying for the resale.  Maybe if the deposit was raised to say 50% it might prevent some from applying who arnt too concerned whether they go or not. 

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

I always assumed that was standard practice for everyone whose paid. Checked it, had confirmation resent, printed a hard copy, printed off bank statement.,

amazed the idea that so many go back into the pot though it’s good for those desperate to go and praying for the resale.  Maybe if the deposit was raised to say 50% it might prevent some from applying who arnt too concerned whether they go or not. 

I see that, but then you've also got people like @Woffy and @Spindles who have to make those calls at the very last minute.  I think resales is still the fairest way to do it

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I see that, but then you've also got people like @Woffy and @Spindles who have to make those calls at the very last minute.  I think resales is still the fairest way to do it

It's also worth stressing that Mrs Woffy didn't put hers in because she wasn't 'too concerned' whether she went or not. Although i'm sure some people must hedge their bets, pay the deposit if they get lucky on T-Day and then 'decide' later based on whatever criteria whether to go or not.

For Mrs W it took a lot of soul-searching until head prevailed over heart. She's already said she'll be a little upset when i go and that she'll be sad she won't get to see mini-Woffy enjoying her first time there for a day.

Heh...after all the discussions and examining every possibility about how we might be able to 'manage' her going and after having finally decided she wasn't going to pay her balance, I was dozing off in bed last night when i heard her say, "Do you really think i'm doing the right thing by not going?"

*Checks time - 11:40pm*

"Bloody hell, you've got less than 20 minutes to change your mind!"

I now have to reign in my Glastonbury excitement as much as possible for almost 3 months.

5 minutes ago, Woffy said:

It's also worth stressing that Mrs Woffy didn't put hers in because she wasn't 'too concerned' whether she went or not. Although i'm sure some people must hedge their bets, pay the deposit if they get lucky on T-Day and then 'decide' later based on whatever criteria whether to go or not.

For Mrs W it took a lot of soul-searching until head prevailed over heart. She's already said she'll be a little upset when i go and that she'll be sad she won't get to see mini-Woffy enjoying her first time there for a day.

Heh...after all the discussions and examining every possibility about how we might be able to 'manage' her going and after having finally decided she wasn't going to pay her balance, I was dozing off in bed last night when i heard her say, "Do you really think i'm doing the right thing by not going?"

*Checks time - 11:40pm*

"Bloody hell, you've got less than 20 minutes to change your mind!"

I now have to reign in my Glastonbury excitement as much as possible for almost 3 months.

You do know you're getting that awkward British man-hug at the meet whether you want it or not, right?

Due to Little Miss Chef being born a month ago Mrs Chef has made the decision not to go this year - it was always going to be a tough decision to make but in the end she felt it would be a little too early so her ticket has gone back in the pot.

I'm still going with friends but have mixed feelings, we have always been to Glastonbury together but hopefully we'll both be back together next year!  

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Ha ha , I think I see what you are insinuating, no , I paid up as soon as the payment window went live! Just was wondering how compassionate see tickets are!

Not a chance my wife’s friend was out of the country with no internet last year doing charity work and somehow managed not to pay. Tried everything the week after and it was unsurprisingly a flat no. And she failed in the resale

i mean 2017 obviously 

Edited by Barneym