Ive paid my balance thread

Crazyfool01

Just now, Zoo Music Girl said:

Just paid mine! And bought our coach tickets while I was at it... feeling pretty poor now... but excited nonetheless! :D

I'm still waiting on the coach ticket purchase. WiI will be living in Glasgow by then, but my friend wants me to come on the coach from Sheffield with her. This is totally doable, and prevents me both needing an overnight bus and moving my tent etc up to Glasgow in the initial move. However, I'm still not entirely convinced she won't bail and not pay her ticket.....

Just now, Sasperella said:

I'm still waiting on the coach ticket purchase. WiI will be living in Glasgow by then, but my friend wants me to come on the coach from Sheffield with her. This is totally doable, and prevents me both needing an overnight bus and moving my tent etc up to Glasgow in the initial move. However, I'm still not entirely convinced she won't bail and not pay her ticket.....

I've really been putting off buying the coach tickets as they're just so bloody expensive (unjustifiably so, in my eyes). Cost me over 80 quid per person return from London! I've been to Glastonbury town by coach from London for about a tenner before for a wedding. Ah well, we literally have no choice as we don't have a car, but I bet it makes going green a hard choice for those who do...

Have gone for a very civilised 10am journey both ways. The campsite we head for doesn't fill up too early and I'm so over being exhausted before I even get there. And so nice to not be going from bloody Greenwich!

27 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've really been putting off buying the coach tickets as they're just so bloody expensive (unjustifiably so, in my eyes). Cost me over 80 quid per person return from London! I've been to Glastonbury town by coach from London for about a tenner before for a wedding. Ah well, we literally have no choice as we don't have a car, but I bet it makes going green a hard choice for those who do..

The cost is pretty mental. £90 return from Sheffield or £140 from Glasgow. The proper killer is that a single back to Glasgow is also £140!!! So if I come with my mate from Sheffield, on the way back I need to get a lift with another friend to Darlington and then train from there.....when I'd much rather snooze for ten hours on a bus (although actually, the reality of that is undoubtedly hideous)

I do think the night bus would mean I turned up knackered though, so even if my mate does bail, maybe I'll still end up doing a wee Sheffield stopover 

Edited by Sasperella

46 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

I've really been putting off buying the coach tickets as they're just so bloody expensive (unjustifiably so, in my eyes). Cost me over 80 quid per person return from London! I've been to Glastonbury town by coach from London for about a tenner before for a wedding. Ah well, we literally have no choice as we don't have a car, but I bet it makes going green a hard choice for those who do...

Have gone for a very civilised 10am journey both ways. The campsite we head for doesn't fill up too early and I'm so over being exhausted before I even get there. And so nice to not be going from bloody Greenwich!

What is the official justification for coaches charging more to enter or exit London? Do they have to travel along a special golden road with a toll booth? 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

What is the official justification for coaches charging more to enter or exit London? Do they have to travel along a special golden road with a toll booth? 

I don't think there is one - normally it's cheap as chips to get the coach anywhere from London, but just because the festival is one they quadruple their prices.

Is there a better sight to be found in cyber space* than the Glastonbury page header followed underneath by the hallowed words Booking Complete? I think not campers.

* I just watched the channel 4 coverage of 1995 and Keith Allen did a piece on the nascent official website so in a 90s mood.

Tickets, car parking and water bottles paid for for me and the other half. Strange feeling as we have only ever got tickets in the resale until this year.  

Best of luck to all those trying in the resale, I've been successful in resale since 2014 so there is definately hope.

• Upvote 1