Bristol to Festival?

Tartan_Glasto

So, this year it looks like we may be getting the train from Glasgow to Bristol on the Wednesday morning. We should arrive at Bristol Temple Meads around 11am. 

Does anyone know the best way to then get to the site? I know there is National Express, but is there another shuttle? I know there’s one on the way back. Is a Taxi a reasonable option? 

Cheers for any help!

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

So, this year it looks like we may be getting the train from Glasgow to Bristol on the Wednesday morning. We should arrive at Bristol Temple Meads around 11am. 

Does anyone know the best way to then get to the site? I know there is National Express, but is there another shuttle? I know there’s one on the way back. Is a Taxi a reasonable option? 

Cheers for any help!

There is a shuttle bus from Bristol Temple Meads or you can go to Castle Cary on the train from Bristol and get the shuttle bus there.

All the info is on the festival website :)

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/by-bus/

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Bristol....my friend has to leave Glasto on the Sunday. The last train from Bristol TM to Sheffield is at 8.30pm. If she gets the last train from Castle Cary it goes at 5.45pm and she ends up on the 7.30pm train from Bristol to Sheffield. 

So the questions are:

1. Approx how long do you need to give yourself to get from Glastonbury to Castle Cary on Sunday afternoon/evening, presumably using the shuttle bus?

2. I think the shuttle bus that goes all the way to Bristol TM is quicker and would enable her to leave a bit later....maybe like 7pm? Too risky?

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎3‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 6:07 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Cheers for any help!

Hiya looks like you've now sorted your travel but was going to say I've been quoted £50 for a taxi (on Thursday evening), which was surprisingly less expensive than I expected.

On 4/25/2019 at 3:58 PM, naomi1303 said:

On a similar note, does anyone know where the coach pick up point in Bristol is? Assuming bus station but we've only done it from Brighton in the past.

If you're talking about the regular coaches to the festival, it's Bristol Bus & Coach Station. I don't know if the package coaches are going from there too but I assume so. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2019 at 3:50 PM, mph said:

The See tickets coaches have been Anchor Road (exactly where on the road varied a little from year to year) but definitely Anchor Road

Hi,

Would you know roughly which portion of Anchor Road? (Top near the Hippodrome or Bottom near the College?). I'm booking a Bristol hotel the night before catching the See-coach and wanted to avoid trailing luggage etc. too far if I can help it in the morning.

Cheers.

21 hours ago, 4chickensurprise said:

Hi,

Would you know roughly which portion of Anchor Road? (Top near the Hippodrome or Bottom near the College?). I'm booking a Bristol hotel the night before catching the See-coach and wanted to avoid trailing luggage etc. too far if I can help it in the morning.

Cheers.

Searched through old threads and someone said postcode BS1 5UA which puts it down by the college, which seems right. It wasn't up by the Hippodrome

Don't want to be the fly in the ointment but there's major roadworks on Anchor Rd at present, due to finish in June-ish. Traffic's only allowed one way, don't know if they've stopped coach drop off bits. Guess it's possible they may move the Bristol Glasto pick up point?

1 hour ago, Freewheelin2 said:

Don't want to be the fly in the ointment but there's major roadworks on Anchor Rd at present, due to finish in June-ish. Traffic's only allowed one way, don't know if they've stopped coach drop off bits. Guess it's possible they may move the Bristol Glasto pick up point?

Guess we'll know soon enough. My 2017 "E" Coach ticket was issued on 17th May and due no later than 30 days pre-festival. See- tickets customer service advise exact pick up point won't be published until then (and to be fair probably more detail than the service rep would know). Must try and chill into Glasto mode - sure it'll work out in the end...