Arriving Friday.......

Chrisp1986

29 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

What a waste to go just for the night ??‍♂️

Always thought Spencer was a bit of a bell, this only strengthens my suspicions 

I don't understand why they did this? I need answers.

Not that I have any desire to watch them experiencing anymore of Glasto tbh....

I refuse to watch that again. I'm close to raging with my limited memory of that diabolical waste of tickets. And in a year when I'm not going it would hurt even more. If that's not the clip of incredible ticket wastage I apologise to all concerned.  I just can't risk watching to find out.  :scared:

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

Says that’s tix were provided by ee, aoneother they only provided a ticket to stay one night, or they could even be arsed to properly use their free ticket!

1 hour ago, Sasperella said:

From memory as I won't watch it again (as it enrages me) they got tickets from EE, they turn up on the friday in the Tipi village/Yurt type thing. Spend a bit of time moaning about the mud and weather, then go see some bands. The absolute prick then spends his saturday sat in the EE recharge tent watching the football on his phone (she sits with him) and then they go see Adele and then go home saying he has ticked Glastonbury off his bucket list.

He then mentions he has football in 7 hours or something, was just a total waste of 2 tickets. Self entitled pricks. 

• Upvote 7

13 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

From memory as I won't watch it again (as it enrages me) they got tickets from EE, they turn up on the friday in the Tipi village/Yurt type thing. Spend a bit of time moaning about the mud and weather, then go see some bands. The absolute prick then spends his saturday sat in the EE recharge tent watching the football on his phone (she sits with him) and then they go see Adele and then go home saying he has ticked Glastonbury off his bucket list.

He then mentions he has football in 7 hours or something, was just a total waste of 2 tickets. Self entitled pricks. 

Excellent summary! And sounds like the video would be much improved if it were you doing the narration 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Doug85 said:

Do yourselves a favour and don't bother watching the link, @Doug85 sums it up perfectly above. I wish @russycarps was still posting, his views would be hilarious!! :lol:

On 3/31/2019 at 7:20 PM, StoneCircle said:

In 2008 (I think) it was advertised as a 5 day festival as ticket sales were poor. This encouraged more people to arrive earlier and this trend has continued to grow. I have always arrived on Wednesday. :)

It’s been Weds to Monday since 1995 at least as that’s the first time I did Weds to Monday- having said that it was all rather chilled no queues and we meandered in on Weds afternoon. Going home was a different matter as got stuck in car park all day on the Monday trying to leave! 

On 4/1/2019 at 10:25 AM, Doug85 said:

I'd say 3 days of Glastonbury is better than no Glastonbury just don't be like these plebs:

Nice Glastonbury video if you can get past the pricks who made it. Also I would rather do the 36/48 hour Glastonbury as they did it rather than not at all

On 3/31/2019 at 6:04 PM, Chrisp1986 said:

Posted before about bringing a toddler but not sure we are confident enough for that just yet. Had ultimatum from her who must be obeyed.

We go on Friday and get there early afternoon or we don't go at all. Her who must be obeyed's brother is going on a coach on Wed so can set a tent up for us.

We live near Huddersfield and it is around 7-8 hour journey. I think it is a ridiculous idea as its such a long drive and be tired for the whole festival for the sake of missing so muich of it. Anyone done this before? I know some have said teachers do it and that's all well and good but guessing they live much closer and obviously have a 6 week holiday soon after to recover!

I know plenty of people who have arrived Friday - and they lived in Bristol and didn't have kids. Don't see the problem. 

It will feel really weird the first day but then you’ll catch up with the rest of us, unless of course you’re not allowed to, in which case I’d stay at home, or rather I’d go and leave the wife and kid at home