Your Glastonbury Songs

The Clearest Blue

38 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Jamie XX - Loud places (2015) 

Coldplay - Charlie Brown (2011) - sorry not sorry!

Chemical Brothers - Swoon (2015) - probably the one I think back to most when I think of Glastonbury. The sky was pink and the pyro in fact did add to the atmosphere. Albeit one burning a hole in my jacket.

Swoon is my favourite Chems track, largely because of that incredible set on the Other Stage.   Always makes me think of Glastonbury as well.

• Upvote 1

Funnily enough over Christmas, every time I heard 'All I Want For Christmas Is You' I couldn't help but think of Glastonbury. Wheel Of Fortunes played it and I always have a wry smile thinking how very Glastonbury it is for 500 odd people off their tits to be singing it at full pelt at 2am in the middle of summer.

All My Friends, Dance Yrslf Clean and NYILYBYBMD by LCD always hit home too. Top finale to the best gig I've ever seen. Dancing on the Ceiling and Hey Boy, Hey Girl are two standouts from my first Glastonbury that give me the chills every time.

Since I Left You still gets me emotional, I cried like a baby after The Avalanches set in 2017, their music means alot to me and it was an amazing set, one I didn't think I'd ever see. Plus meeting them afterwards was awesome.

Nothing but love james 2016 first live song I heard at Glastonbury filled it up couldn't believe I was there. 

Radiohead street spirit just a fave and to hear it at the pyramid fantastic 

Tame impala let it happen a glorious moment 

Paul carrack the living years 2017 . Dad's health was deteriorating and I just wept quietly . Sadly he went the week before when a 2018 festival would have been if it hadn't been a fallow year .

6 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

actually - that does it for me too

Indeedy; early Sunday evening 2010, prior to Stevie Wonder / Michael Eavis sing along, marvellous scenes. The lads in the inflatable towards the end of this video  makes me smile every time ?

Just think, next year will be the 50th, time flies 

2 hours ago, oneeye said:

Indeedy; early Sunday evening 2010, prior to Stevie Wonder / Michael Eavis sing along, marvellous scenes. The lads in the inflatable towards the end of this video  makes me smile every time ?

Just think, next year will be the 50th, time flies 

9 years ago... time definitely flies.

The lads in the paddling pool "landed" next to us after their trek.

The song I'm about to share was purely accidental and I didn't know at the time that I heard it that it would transport me back to the farm along with the specific smell of mud and the feeling. However the song that instantly transports me back to the farm is Latch by Disclosure. 

Now I Didn't go to their set. It was Sunday night and my first ever Glastonbury. Nothing took my fancy on any of the stages so decided to check out the landing show on Arcadia then head up the hill to the Glastonbury sign and wait for fireworks to happen from the main stages. Don't recall the fireworks actually happening but as I was walking back to camp I was walking by West Holts and that song was playing. I remember just stopping at the back of the field and just sucking in the aroma of my last night at my first Glastonbury. It still takes me back just thinking about it. It was my own personal moment appreciating what was a life changing festival for me and knew I was hooked forevermore. 

Second song, reminds me of one of the funnest nights I've ever had at Glastonbury. Copperdollar running around with a load of zombies in a circle digging and dancing. Great craic and laughed so much. I really miss Copperdoller. Was just listening to it on a playlist earlier and was doing the digging sat in the car smiling like a buffoon. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, H.M.V said:

The song I'm about to share was purely accidental and I didn't know at the time that I heard it that it would transport me back to the farm along with the specific smell of mud and the feeling. However the song that instantly transports me back to the farm is Latch by Disclosure. 

Now I Didn't go to their set. It was Sunday night and my first ever Glastonbury. Nothing took my fancy on any of the stages so decided to check out the landing show on Arcadia then head up the hill to the Glastonbury sign and wait for fireworks to happen from the main stages. Don't recall the fireworks actually happening but as I was walking back to camp I was walking by West Holts and that song was playing. I remember just stopping at the back of the field and just sucking in the aroma of my last night at my first Glastonbury. It still takes me back just thinking about it. It was my own personal moment appreciating what was a life changing festival for me and knew I was hooked forevermore. 

Second song, reminds me of one of the funnest nights I've ever had at Glastonbury. Copperdollar running around with a load of zombies in a circle digging and dancing. Great craic and laughed so much. I really miss Copperdoller. Was just listening to it on a playlist earlier and was doing the digging sat in the car smiling like a buffoon. 

didn't we see somewhere of copper dollars return this year ... dont think im imagining it :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

Discovering Seth Lakeman (and ‘Kitty Jay’) blew my mind.

Other memorable ones: Beck (‘Where it’s at’), the Darkness (‘Are you ready....’ - we were just walking down from our tent and went “What is this?!”) and some more obvious ones: Patti Smith, ‘People have the power’; Pulp ‘Common people’; Leonard Cohen ‘Hallelujah’.

But I have to go with the quintessential Glastonbury Song: “There is a green hill far away, I’m going back there one fine day!”

I was a bit hopeful that the Waterboys might be there this year, as they have a new album coming out, but I just checked their website and they will be in Spain....

Edited by Watergirl
typo

Great thread, and so, so many! Here’s a few.....

Elbow One day like this

Florence You’ve got the love

Radiohead Karma Police

KT Tunstell Other side of the world

Lionel Dancing on the ceiling

Killers Mr Brightside

Frank Carter I hate you

Angel Olsen Shut up and kiss me

Stornoway Zorbing