Other Stage Shooting

Wooderson

For us that year the shooting somehow made it 'cooler' to be there (which or course it wasnt). I only remember peeps tallking about it around the site after the effect and heard nothing (what with bangers going off all the time anyway), though I was apparently nearby at the time...

The messaging system was indeed a large concrete bollard at the foot of muddy lane just into the market area / meeting point which was covered in post it note messages to people.

• 4 weeks later...

My mate was a habitual fence jumper, I remember he came back sunburned to hell and suffering from sun stroke proclaiming it the best festival ever.  When we asked him about the shooting he was completely unaware of it having happened.  Went to phoenix festival with him a few weeks later and we were treated to a riot, which was nice.

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

My mate was a habitual fence jumper, I remember he came back sunburned to hell and suffering from sun stroke proclaiming it the best festival ever.  When we asked him about the shooting he was completely unaware of it having happened.  Went to phoenix festival with him a few weeks later and we were treated to a riot, which was nice.

2t9t92.jpg.964921faf17fca07eace1374f404b9c1.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Spookie said:

I'm listening to the shipping forecast on BBC radio 2 cause that's how I roll now but if you have a genuine interest in that tragic event I help. Sorry for the paranoia

So, you listen to the Shipping Forecast on BBC Radio 2, do you? Is that the same Shipping Forecast that has only ever been broadcast on BBC Radio 4? Just asking, since your the man / woman in the know.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

So, you listen to the Shipping Forecast on BBC Radio 2, do you? Is that the same Shipping Forecast that has only ever been broadcast on BBC Radio 4? Just asking, since your the man / woman in the know.

That’s spookie. 

6 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I thought I was the only one who listens to the shipping forecast. Quite relaxing. 

Is admitting to listening to forecast "cool" enought for a music forum?

4 hours ago, Roger1 said:

I thought I was the only one who listens to the shipping forecast. Quite relaxing. 

I used to listen to it all the time., and yes it was relaxing. I had no idea what it all meant though. I used to know because one of my uncles who owned a commercial fishing boat explained it to me in detail. However, it didn't stay in my head for very long. Somebody ( Nic Compton) has written a book called the Shipping Forecast, where he tells of his tales of going to every place on the Shipping Forecast. A good idea for a book, but I don't know what the execution of the idea is like. I hear him interviewed on the radio, and got the impression this 'hilarious' book was going to be anything but.

• 7 months later...