Tent Etiquette

JaiCrispy37

3 hours ago, Lycra said:

Suspect this is true. In 2017 a friend who was a volunteer worker on-site from the Monday put up our tents in the preferred location just as the gates opened on the Wednesday. Until that time am I informed no tents are permitted to be erected in the public camping areas.......Made our journey and entry to the fest a relative breeze at noon...zero traffic and 45min queue at the gate ?

Yeah they move any tents that are in the public camping areas before the wednesday morning and have clear signs up saying so however once the gates are open if they are already in then they have a free reign to pick anywhere they want I suppose. 

tent etiquette

1. don;t shit in your tent

2. don;t leave your tent

3. make sure you sleep in your own tent , i have been woken up sleeping in someone else's

4 don't chase the dragon in your tent. met a guy one year who set his tent on fire doing that and wanted to stay in mine. ... that would be no

5. have really noisy sex so we all can hear you and giggle like school girls

6 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

tent etiquette

1. don;t shit in your tent

2. don;t leave your tent

3. make sure you sleep in your own tent , i have been woken up sleeping in someone else's

4 don't chase the dragon in your tent. met a guy one year who set his tent on fire doing that and wanted to stay in mine. ... that would be no

5. have really noisy sex so we all can hear you and giggle like school girls

Re 1,  Is that an implication that it’s ok to shit in someone else’s tent? 

• Like 1

That pirate tent looks ace!  

In terms of personal experience, don't do what someone did to me one year and pitch up on top of someone else's guy ropes and block their tent door after squeezing your tent in where there really wasn't a space.  It's not pleasant for either party.

4 minutes ago, Funkyfairy! said:

We've got similar (slightlky smaller from the looks of it) , and I;m worried about the size of it,,,, but we are in staff camping for 3.5 weeks ? . |For the festival for 5 days Id say its too big

Are you in staff camping for 3.5 week FF? You'd not mentioned it..... :P

Question for all the gazebo haters....

Presumably you don’t like gazebos as they take up space that others could use? Which is fair enough and something I agree with. 

What’s the difference between that and somebody using a massive 8 man tent for 2 people? 

Surely it comes down to the same thing? 

This isn’t meant as an inflammatory post, I’m genuinely interested.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I remember seeing this tent back in 2013 - looks great but not sure how durable it was

tent.jpg.32f16116e336ba27b86ec23e9277de20.jpg

We went to kendal calling a couple of years ago and camped next to the people who had a tent like this, it hammered it down most of the weekend and they seemed fine.

It also helped to find our little 2 man pop up, not made that mistake again.

10 hours ago, Fred Zepplin said:

Someone told me the people who use it have friends who work at the festival so put it up just as the gates are opening, would make sense as it’s alwasy in the same place 

That must be the case, because in 2015, 16 and 17 it was NOT there at 7.30am but it was there at 8.05am...

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Question for all the gazebo haters....

Presumably you don’t like gazebos as they take up space that others could use? Which is fair enough and something I agree with. 

What’s the difference between that and somebody using a massive 8 man tent for 2 people? 

Surely it comes down to the same thing? 

This isn’t meant as an inflammatory post, I’m genuinely interested.

57 minutes ago, H.M.V said:

In my experience of gazebos at festivals is that they are normally taped off party zones for a bunch of pals. Nobody is sleeping in them and they feel quite exclusionary. 

I think the main difference between a gazebo and a large tent, you can walk round a tent whereas a gazebo can take up the area of the gazebo and the surrounding tents.

I don't normally see many taped off where I camp, but even without tape I always feel awkward walking through one, feels like you are walking through someones living room.

But maybe that's my problem, not theirs.