If you could curate just ONE stage...

bennyhana22

11 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

If you’re not going to play nicely, young man....

Ben

Now now Ben, while it's not the most inspired of choices he's broken none of your rules. And I know you're a stickler for rules.  You can't just write off someone's choice because it's not in the spirit of the game. What do you think this is, cricket? :P

I'd take the soundclash stage over in Shangri-La.  Seemed to have great potential but never quite made it in 2017. Start with doubling the size of their sound system, and then

Wednesday Warmup - Soca vs Jungle Soundclash with some added big names - Kes, Bunji Garlin, Lyrical / Aries, Congo Natty, Randall

Thursday - Garage showdown - 24 Hour Garage Girls, Heartless Crew, Artful Dodger, So Solid etc

Friday - All the Jungle - Asbo Disco, Born on Road, Boomsound, Jungle Cakes

Saturday - Old School Reggae Soundclash - Saxon, Channel One, Jah Shaka, On-U

Sunday - Fuck it, just hand the stage over to Rebel Sound

I'm taking over the Park for the festival. 

I've sought to theme each day in some way - with jazz, alt-folk and electronica themes running through, with a bit of experimentation that will hopefully suit the stage. 

Sons of Kemet will be doing skronky rabble of a set up at The Crow's Nest after hours on the Friday if you miss them at tea time, and Kelly Lee Owens will be up there to close the stage on Sunday night. Gilles Peterson will be DJing in the Rabbit Hole late Saturday if you need a bit more than the folk on the big stage. 

Now, pass me the rum. 

TFest19.jpg

Edited by Titters
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, Titters said:

I'm taking over the Park for the festival. 

I've sought to theme each day in some way - with jazz, alt-folk and electronica themes running through, with a bit of experimentation that will hopefully suit the stage. 

Sons of Kemet will be doing skronky rabble of a set up at The Crow's Nest after hours on the Friday if you miss them at tea time, and Kelly Lee Owens will be up there to close the stage on Sunday night. Gilles Peterson will be DJing in the Rabbit Hole late Saturday if the folk if you need a bit more than the folk on the big stage. 

Now, pass me the rum. 

TFest19.jpg

You have Olafur Arnalds. Have all the upvotes. And all the rum.  And my firstborn.

Edited by Quark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...