If you could curate just ONE stage...

bennyhana22

2 hours ago, Woffy said:

I'll take charge of the Pyramid.

Flags are banned.

No chairs or picnic blankets any further forward than the big bank of speakers halfway back.

No getting on anyone's shoulders.

No Robbie Williams. Ever.

Then i'll go to the Park Stage.

Also:

Only 1 hat to be worn per person.

28 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If you're curating a stage, are you allowed to wear a t-shirt for said stage? 

Is it:

• 50% Polyester, 25% cotton, 25% rayon?
  • A superb colour in a 'heather' texture finish (not white)?
  • Adorned with a beautiful design on the front, in a complementary colour to the base colour?
  • Emblazoned with 'CREW' discreetly, but clearly on the right arm?
  • Printed on the back with '[enter stage name here] Stage. Glastonbury 2019]'?

If the answer to all the above questions are YES, then not only are you allowed to wear it, you are obliged to wear it.

You're welcome.

Ben

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Is it:

• 50% Polyester, 25% cotton, 25% rayon?
  • A superb colour in a 'heather' texture finish (not white)?
  • Adorned with a beautiful design on the front, in a complementary colour to the base colour?
  • Emblazoned with 'CREW' discreetly, but clearly on the right arm?
  • Printed on the back with '[enter stage name here] Stage. Glastonbury 2019]'?

If the answer to all the above questions are YES, then not only are you allowed to wear it, you are obliged to wear it.

You're welcome.

Ben

Excellent. I am fully on board with this.

16 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Right, I've gone for a mix of Glade stalwarts, favourite acts I've seen on the Glade and plain optimism (fuck it, it's my stage)

Glade.png

Are you secretly me?

could you sneak in a Mark Archer Solo set somewhere?

Edited by shuttlep

53 minutes ago, Quark said:

Clear discrimination against the multiple-hatted. Why not just build a wall around your stage and have done with it?

Pfff. Meh-whevs.

And as i clearly stated, once my requirements were in place at the Pyramid i'd toddle off to the Park.

30 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

? I'll gladly squeeze him in on the Friday after Don Letts. Purely 91-92 era old skool hardcore set

meet you there, I am normally found just to the  right of the tent under the canopies , so i can have a cheeky sit down ... not as young as I used to be 

I'd probably go for West Holts. I don't tend to spend a lot of time there during the Festival but it's certainly the one which would allow me to showcase my varied tastes in-keeping with the vibe of the stage. 

Headliners

A Tribe Called Quest

Groove Armada Live

Chic

Edited by EZYSEY

I'd have to say the Park.  If I look at my musical tastes (using the term loosely) it's so widely spread that I don't think I'd be able to do justice to any other stage with suitable acts. The Park would work because it's probably got the most varied range of styles performing there. I'll give some thought to my dream line up.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Oh you've got Bon Iver headlining the Park have you? Well I've just doubled his money and he's playing fourth down the Pyramid.

Mwah ha ha ha ha!

I think you've been sold a pup. I've heard you've really got Birdy with a false beard doing Skinny Love on repeat.

21 hours ago, Keithy said:

I wait weeks for you to post this and you choose the night I'm on my way to a gig and can't do it properly.  Tsk.

I was torn between William's Green and Crows Nest. Ultimately went for Crows Nest as I love the DIY nature of it and had so many great nights there. My issue with William's Green is that although it's a great sized venue, the set up is all wrong. Too wide and not deep enough. IMO, all should be rotated 90° so narrower and deeper.

Hat tip to pussy parlure. Would have chosen that one if it was the old pussy parlure.

Full 4 day fantasy line up for Crows Nest to follow tomorrow.

Right.

My Crows Nest, taking advantage of the well established rule that they manage to bag some decent sized names every year and line up isn't advertised until on the day on the blackboard.

Screenshot_20190328-160443_Excel.thumb.jpg.299ed418db23acabe5f73a8632f8ccb6.jpg

Most acts obviously playing elsewhere at the festival (and several have previously played Crows Nest) 45 minutes for all acts as per Crows Nest, with 75 mins for the 10pm main act, and then an after main act 45 with artist DJ sets on Fri and Saturday into the wee hours.

• Upvote 2

Great thread.

I'd have a go at the glade as it's my fave venue and the one I always find myself gravitating towards when I'm out bimbling around....

I'd start by opening it on Wednesday just because I can. Haven't got time to do a full five day listing so sub and headliner for each day would be...

Wed - Green Velvet in to Eats Everything 

Thursday - Public Service Broadcasting (purely because I saw them here when Kayne was making a mess of being a pyramid headliner and they were bloody great!) in to Jamie XX

Friday - Nick Warren in to Carl Cox

Saturday - Fatboy slim all day takeover

Sunday - Soul Wax in to The Orb

On 3/27/2019 at 8:49 PM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Right, I've gone for a mix of Glade stalwarts, favourite acts I've seen on the Glade and plain optimism (fuck it, it's my stage)

Glade.png

But I want The Glade. Purely so I can put Aphex on it!

Although, if noone has said Arcadia yet, I'm not really fussy about where I put him ?

47 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

But I want The Glade. Purely so I can put Aphex on it!

Although, if noone has said Arcadia yet, I'm not really fussy about where I put him ?

Tell you what, I'll let you have Aphex Twin do the secret midnight slot after Underworld on the Friday. Just don't tell anyone and it'll just be us two and Mr James...