If you could curate just ONE stage...

bennyhana22

The Glade area.

This years main stage headliners would be:

Friday -  2 Many DJs, 

Saturday - Cirez D, 

Sunday - Groove Armada,.

To feature throughout the weekend:

Dreadzone, Dj Marky, System 7, Booka Shade, Dj Yoda, Maceo Plex, Slamboree, Nick Warren, Brass Against, The Ukelele Orchestra of great Britain, Davos, Cassetteboy vs DJ Rubbish

Spaceport:

Thursday - Hacienda Takeover. Greame Park, Mike Pickering, 808 State, Jon Da Silva.

Friday - Trance - Scott Bond, Matt Hardwick, Eddie Halliwell, Tall Paul, Orkidea.

Saturday - Luke Warren, Nick Warren, Patrice Blaumel, Guy J, Henry Saiz

Sunday - Psytrance Sunday... fuck knows. Some Psytrance Djs.

• Upvote 3

John Peel definitely.

Would go for a punk themed day - Parquet Courts headline with IDLES, Dream Wife, Slowthai, Shame, Yonaka, Lady Bird, SPQR, Fat White Family and a secret set from Yeah Yeah Yeahs

Sat goes more varied - Everything Everything headline with Jon Hopkins, JARV IS, SOPHIE, Sundara Karma, Sophie and the Giants, Nilufer Yanya and Lets Eat Grandma

Sunday - Courtney Barnett headlines, with Snail Mail, Kurt Vile, Whitney, Anteros, Sea Girls, and a Father John Misty secret set. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, balti-pie said:

Truth stage please! 

Carte blanche to bung on some metal these days, I can work in tandem with the Earache express, and I could steal a few up-for-it bands from the main stages who fancy a secret unannounced bit of down n dirty, and lots of late night sets. All good. 

My headliner (midnight) sets: 

Weezer (Thurs night) 

Gloryhammer (fri night) 

Roni Size (sat) 

Anaal Nathrakh (Sunday) 

id have unannounced sets from Neil Young and IDLES at some point over the weekend too. It would be marvellous. 

This guys gets it...

I'd like to curate a "My Town Also Has Talent" venue.

I think a few of the stages there are curated in this manner maybe? With a lot of acts from Bristol and the surrounding areas (naturally).

There's a guy in my town that can play anything you request on a guitar. Left handed or right handed, strung either way. Proper savant like levels of wow.

Plus loads of now adults (but once younglings) who went through a local youth club music thing and who now have grade (turn it up to) 11 piano and/or drumming certificates and through that got residencies on cruise ships. In their mid twenties and have been around The World twice already.

My local music scene is great for a such small town.

Of course the crowd I'm referencing already play the local festivals. But they deserve a stage like Glastonbury.

I often say to these talented types, "If you'd been born in Camden you'd be world famous by now".

I'd have more punk over folk at Leftfield given the chance also.

Good thread Benny .... and I was very excited last night thinking about my Glade line-up, only to come on here today and find Fuzz has already posted it! Good work.

The Glade has the best soundsystem, has shelter/shade and has a feel of the good ole-days. I'm not a megalomaniac so The Pyramid is probably beyond me.

13 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Glade, without doubt. Intimate, tribal and the best soundsystem at the festival.

I'll have a think about my dream curated lineup and come back later...

my first choice would have been the Glade, since you have it , I would do Block 9 

Friday afternoon Techno replaced with Drum and Bass, sliding into Friday night Classic Trance 

7 minutes ago, shuttlep said:

my first choice would have been the Glade, since you have it , I would do Block 9 

Friday afternoon Techno replaced with Drum and Bass, sliding into Friday night Classic Trance 

It's just one stage, @shuttlep!!

So, are you choosing Genosys?

(Excellent choice if you are, obviously...)

:)

Ben

11 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The Glade area.

This years main stage headliners would be:

Friday -  2 Many DJs, 

Saturday - Cirez D, 

Sunday - Groove Armada,.

To feature throughout the weekend:

Dreadzone, Dj Marky, System 7, Booka Shade, Dj Yoda, Maceo Plex, Slamboree, Nick Warren, Brass Against, The Ukelele Orchestra of great Britain, Davos, Cassetteboy vs DJ Rubbish

Spaceport:

Thursday - Hacienda Takeover. Greame Park, Mike Pickering, 808 State, Jon Da Silva.

Friday - Trance - Scott Bond, Matt Hardwick, Eddie Halliwell, Tall Paul, Orkidea.

Saturday - Luke Warren, Nick Warren, Patrice Blaumel, Guy J, Henry Saiz

Sunday - Psytrance Sunday... fuck knows. Some Psytrance Djs.

Hmmmmm...

That's sort of (i.e. completely) two stages, @FuzzyDunlop...

Ben

I'll take charge of the Pyramid.

Flags are banned.

No chairs or picnic blankets any further forward than the big bank of speakers halfway back.

No getting on anyone's shoulders.

No Robbie Williams. Ever.

Then i'll go to the Park Stage.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

I've had a long think about this at work this morning and it would definitely be The Park. I started off by bankrolling it and having James Blake, Frank Ocean and Bon Iver headline with a secret set from The National but I guess that isn't really the point. Anyway, I love the Park and I've tried to stick to something that I think wouldn't look out of place there.

Friday

Flume / Jorja Smith / Local Natives / Dave / Maggie Rogers / Mahalia

Saturday

Belle and Sebastian / Beirut / Mount Kimbie / King Krule / Marika Hackman / Phoebe Bridgers

Sunday

MGMT / Kali Uchis / Jenny Lewis / AJ Tracey / Julie Byrne / The Japanese House

Do I get the job?

Edited by jyoung

11 minutes ago, jyoung said:

I've had a long think about this at work this morning and it would definitely be The Park. I started off by bankrolling it and having James Blake, Frank Ocean and Bon Iver headline with a secret set from The National but I guess that isn't really the point. Anyway, I love the Park and I've tried to stick to something that I think wouldn't look out of place there.

Friday

Flume / Jorja Smith / Local Natives / Dave / Maggie Rogers / Mahalia

Saturday

Belle and Sebastian / Beirut / Mount Kimbie / King Krule / Marika Hackman / Phoebe Bridgers

Sunday

MGMT / Kali Uchis / Jenny Lewis / AJ Tracey / Julie Byrne / The Japanese House

Do I get the job?

Turn Phoebe Bridgers into Better Oblivion Community Center (gods, I hope they play the Farm this summer...) and swap Beirut into the headline slot on Saturday, and you're hired!

Ben