Glastonbury Reusable Water Bottle

barkley87

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

I thought the first year was just by the Pyramid stall, but if pick up can be at any stall, what's to control people taking duplicates of the order to multiple stalls (other than a reactive audit picking up on that)?

Not necessarily a question directed at you @crazyfool1

They take the token off you I think :)?

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

They take the token off you I think :)?

Ah, OK. I just had an email and 1 stall to go to, so it's changed then. Cheers.

Just to confirm, as I will be one of the WaterAid volunteers at the kiosks doing this:-

Bring your voucher to any Water Kiosk (there will be 37 of them around the site this year). We will take the voucher off you and give you your bottle. No voucher, no bottle, no excuses. If you for whatever reason don't have your voucher with you, you won't get your bottle but will be able to get it after the festival.

We have 10,000 bottles to deliver that have already been ordered and another 10,000 available for ยฃ10 cash on the day.ย There will also be some limited edition bottles available for ยฃ15 each, but you can't give us an extra ยฃ5 to swap your normal bottle for this.

I imagine if you haven't ordered but want a bottle it would be best to get one sooner rather than later - they will be available from early Wednesday.

18 hours ago, JohnEW said:

Just to confirm, as I will be one of the WaterAid volunteers at the kiosks doing this:-

Bring your voucher to any Water Kiosk (there will be 37 of them around the site this year). We will take the voucher off you and give you your bottle. No voucher, no bottle, no excuses. If you for whatever reason don't have your voucher with you, you won't get your bottle but will be able to get it after the festival.

We have 10,000 bottles to deliver that have already been ordered and another 10,000 available for ยฃ10 cash on the day.ย There will also be some limited edition bottles available for ยฃ15 each, but you can't give us an extra ยฃ5 to swap your normal bottle for this.

I imagine if you haven't ordered but want a bottle it would be best to get one sooner rather than later - they will be available from early Wednesday.

How are the LE ones different?

On 6/7/2019 at 3:16 PM, carlosj said:

I thought the first year was just by the Pyramid stall, but if pick up can be at any stall, what's to control people taking duplicates of the order to multiple stalls (other than a reactive audit picking up on that)?

Not necessarily a question directed at you @crazyfool1

They probably cross it out with a pen on the actual ticket or something high tech like that

Edited by Gedh

3 hours ago, tarw said:

How are the LE ones different?

Donโ€™t know yet as I havenโ€™t seen them.

ย 

2 hours ago, Gedh said:

They probably cross it out with a pen on the actual ticket or something high tech like that

As I said above there is a voucher on your ticket, which you hand over to us when collecting your bottle. No voucher, no bottle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 8:11 PM, JohnEW said:

If you for whatever reason don't have your voucher with you, you won't get your bottle but will be able to get it after the festival..

So by the time I got around to collecting my preordered bottle on Friday every stall I tried had already sold out. They all recommended I go to the one by the Pyramid, but as the only other act I was seeing there was Kylie and her crowd was MASSIVEย I never made it down there. Does anyone know whether preorders can still be redeemed or is it game over now?

Edit: Iโ€™ve still got my tear-off ticket with the barcode on if that helps.ย 

Edited by Bin Fish

Yes you can - just contact the Festival to find out how - help@glastonburyfestivals.co.uk.

I was working on one of the three kiosks next to the Pyramid Stage and we had both the standard bottles that you paid for and the limited edition ยฃ15 ones available all the time. All the kiosks started out with stock of standard bottles but they very quickely went at most sites and it was just logistically too difficult to get extraย deliveries to all of them.ย 

On Sunday we were told that we could not sell any more standard bottles as we had to hold enough back for pre-orders that had not been collected. We had plenty of people collecting pre-orders all through the festival, including Sunday.

The ยฃ15 Limited Edition Chilleys clones worked a treat but the Glastonbury branding scratches easily.

I notice that eBay scalpers are selling both styles of bottles and the metal cups at large markups - not cool....

For future reference - the WaterAid stands up in Greenpeace had stock for most of the weekend,ย whereas the one just inside Ped-C and by the Pyramid Merch stand sold out quickly but did seem toย get restocked each day,ย the one further up towards "Beat Hotel" still had the insulated ones on Friday.

ย 

Edited by Penrhos

• 2 months later...