Private bus/taxi hire to Glastonbury

Lilah1993

Hey all!

I am going with a large group of people so we're currently working out the best ways to get us all to the festival site. Has anyone ever hired a private minibus or coach to take a large group to the Glastonbury site? I see the drop off point is by bronze gate, do you join a separate queue or join the huge car park queues? 

This is the official info on the website: 
PRIVATE HIRE COACHES DROPPING AND PICKING UP
Glastonbury Festival 2019 will have a dedicated area for Private Hire coaches of 15 seats and above. This will be inside Bronze Gate off the A361. Passengers can be dropped off on Wednesday 26th June 2019 from 05:00 to 18:00 and picked up on Monday 1st July from 02:00 to 18:00 (see details of how to apply for access and restrictions below – we have limited spaces and need to make sure that when you arrive there is space for you

• 1 month later...
57 minutes ago, Gary Chadwick said:

Do I need to book my 16 seater minibus in for a pick up only on the 1st of July? I should be arriving at 6 am.

I'm not sure that the question is very clear.

You've having a minibus come to collect you on the Monday morning at 6am?

On 3/27/2019 at 4:55 PM, Lilah1993 said:

Hey all!

I am going with a large group of people so we're currently working out the best ways to get us all to the festival site. Has anyone ever hired a private minibus or coach to take a large group to the Glastonbury site? I see the drop off point is by bronze gate, do you join a separate queue or join the huge car park queues? 

This is the official info on the website: 
PRIVATE HIRE COACHES DROPPING AND PICKING UP
Glastonbury Festival 2019 will have a dedicated area for Private Hire coaches of 15 seats and above. This will be inside Bronze Gate off the A361. Passengers can be dropped off on Wednesday 26th June 2019 from 05:00 to 18:00 and picked up on Monday 1st July from 02:00 to 18:00 (see details of how to apply for access and restrictions below – we have limited spaces and need to make sure that when you arrive there is space for you

Hi,

Firstly, I haven't actually done the above, so can't speak for that. But we did hire a taxi last year and got dropped at the drop-off point at Bath & West Showground. We then waited about ten mins before jumping on a coach (there were loads of them queued up) for the short journey to the site. The queue from there was short too.

If there's enough of you, I can't recommend this way of getting there highly enough. Compared to the time before when we drove, it was a breeze. In fact this year the few of us that are going on planning on paying one of our kinder mates to drop us there and pick us up on the Monday!

Note: This only works if you're also hiring a driver, sorry if I misunderstood and you're hiring a self-drive minibus? Then I can't help!

Here's the official info: https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/2592-2/ - but that probably doesn't do it justice. Although this is actually true:

Be sensible: get dropped-off at the Drop and Collect point, catch the bus to Pedestrian Gate A where you will get quicker access to the site. There’s less walking involved, it is safer and much quicker.

Edited by gazariath

We hired a minibus in 2017 with a driver, the guy didn't have a clue where he was meant to go and ended up driving into one of the carparks and just dumping us with all our stuff... It worked out great actually as we were able to join up with friends in Orange car park!