Crow's Nest

cheesey_toastie

3 minutes ago, Divein said:

It’s not exclusive to Heavenly Records, it’s just run by them which is why most of their acts play.

Jagwar Ma, Mac De Marco and Lemon Twigs are the bigger bands who’ve played recently not on HR.

Ah good. I think Jagwar Ma were on Heavenly, or associated with them in some way, but the others weren't, bodes well.

On 3/27/2019 at 9:59 PM, suzie sue said:

One of my favourite ever gigs was Gruff Rhys there in 2014, a lovely person made me a cup of tea as I watched gruff come in with a suitcase full of electrical equipment and set it up himself. Magical gig, wonderful place that feels a bit removed from the festival 

Here you go Suzie; Gruff Rhys, Crows Nest, Glastonbury 2014

14565850933_88f52a6d8a_c.jpg

Seen some great little sessions up there, bands I've never heard before or since and people like the amazing Mr. Rhys and Michael Kiwanuka. They were publishing the running order on Twitter in 2017 and I think that was a bad idea, too easy to find out who was on so King Gizz in particular I couldn't get within ten yards of the hut.

Not for me this year (unless the competition Gods smile upon me) enjoy, you lucky lucky buggers.

• Upvote 1

Anyone think the daily line-up (if not on Twitter again this year*) qualifies for going on the @SecretGlasto Twitter account?

I can’t recall if it was last year. 

If not, I’m willing to take one for the eFests team and yomp up there from Row Mead on at least one or two mornings / days to get a photo of the blackboard

*I’ve tweet the Crows Nest to ask but they’ve not been active since last June!

27 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Anyone think the daily line-up (if not on Twitter again this year*) qualifies for going on the @SecretGlasto Twitter account?

I can’t recall if it was last year. 

If not, I’m willing to take one for the eFests team and yomp up there from Row Mead on at least one or two mornings / days to get a photo of the blackboard

*I’ve tweet the Crows Nest to ask but they’ve not been active since last June!

Would be helpful maybe just to retweet it even if they do so that there are less things to look at. 

Has anyone ever just played The Crow's nest. Wondering what the chances of Stealing Sheep or Gwenno turning up are. I've seen them both recently and they were both fantastic and are Heavenly artists. I thought they would turn up somewhere as they are actively touring. 

Black Midi Friday night will be unreal, don't forget your ear plugs. My ears still ring from Toy in there a few years back.

With regards to bands only playing the Crows Nest and nowhere else, I saw Pumarosa there one year after Muse (I think) so it does happen (albeit rarely)...

32 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Just wondered if they would again this year; last year bring the first time IIRC, and it was more rammed than usual I thought. 

Sure in previous years there’s been either a copy of a pic of the lineup tweeted by SG, or they’ve rt’d Crows Nest’s pic. Only follow the former but recall knowing the line up every day.

Lemon Twigs were ace, hadn’t realised what a racket they make live. Fantastic follow up to Flaming Lips. 

2 hours ago, Rumblestripe said:

Here you go Suzie; Gruff Rhys, Crows Nest, Glastonbury 2014

14565850933_88f52a6d8a_c.jpg

Seen some great little sessions up there, bands I've never heard before or since and people like the amazing Mr. Rhys and Michael Kiwanuka. They were publishing the running order on Twitter in 2017 and I think that was a bad idea, too easy to find out who was on so King Gizz in particular I couldn't get within ten yards of the hut.

Not for me this year (unless the competition Gods smile upon me) enjoy, you lucky lucky buggers.

The Crows Nest is one of my favourite place of Glastonbury. Such a special atmosphere there. At every editions I've attended I was lucky enough to witness some amazing nice gigs there that remain some of the highlights for me. Gruff Rhys in 2014, and Michael Kiwanuka in 2016 are among them. I would add Parcels in 2017.

CmbMxKB.jpg

14PIOvx.jpg

m6x5l4j.jpg

2 hours ago, Divein said:

It’s not exclusive to Heavenly Records, it’s just run by them which is why most of their acts play.

Jagwar Ma, Mac De Marco and Lemon Twigs are the bigger bands who’ve played recently not on HR.

I was served tea by an ex producer of Goldfrapp whilst chatting with a dancer in Joe Goddard's Park set, and it wasn't in the hipster sense at all, but great fun.

They've always put the lineup up on the twitters each morning going back to when they first had an account in 2013, and yes it often includes a handful of exclusives.

5 minutes ago, Simpo said:

They've always put the lineup up on the twitters each morning going back to when they first had an account in 2013, and yes it often includes a handful of exclusives.

Nice one. Cheers Simpo. No idea how I’ve missed this. Makes life much easier. 

Edit: I think as someone else alluded to, I’ve missed this due to indiscriminately and over-excitedly following every Glastonbury-related twitter account pre-festival and it’s got lost in the ‘noise’. 

Edited by Woffy

3 minutes ago, actionstations said:

ahhhh I definitely shouldn't have looked at the lineup for 2017 (when I couldn't get a tickets)

Girl Ray, Lemon Twigs, Whitney, King Gizzard and Dr Dog?! ahhhh man so good!

My crows nest highlight is prob Stornoway in 2013, that was bloody lovely :)

Foo Fighters overrunning made us miss seeing 3 out of 3 King Gizz sets!

But Lemon Twigs was great, check out These Words lining up with fireworks going off on Arcadia...

I'd have though Squid would be a shoe in. Dream Wife maybe as well. I only ever take my burner phone so I never get to find out who's playing, been lucky a couple of times though. I definitely knew king gizz would be there before the fest in 2017.

4 hours ago, gigpusher said:

Would be helpful maybe just to retweet it even if they do so that there are less things to look at. 

Has anyone ever just played The Crow's nest. Wondering what the chances of Stealing Sheep or Gwenno turning up are. I've seen them both recently and they were both fantastic and are Heavenly artists. I thought they would turn up somewhere as they are actively touring. 

It's normally transcribed, and last year due to the increase in people using Twitter directly on smartphones, it was also retweeted.

I think we always cover it.