Crow's Nest

cheesey_toastie

3 hours ago, Keithy said:

2017. Confidence Man wont be doing the Crows Nest this year. Too big now and the secret's out.

They're not as big as the likes of  King Gizzard and Mac Demarco, who have been up in recent years.

one of my favourite memories is finishing glasto sunday night by watching songhoy blues in the crow's nest, then sitting on the hill to watch the light show from chemical brothers on the other and (I think) the haze over coldplay on the pyramid.... was really special.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Kay95 said:

one of my favourite memories is finishing glasto sunday night by watching songhoy blues in the crow's nest, then sitting on the hill to watch the light show from chemical brothers on the other and (I think) the haze over coldplay on the pyramid.... was really special.

If the Chems were on Other it would have been The Who in the Pyramid, 2015 right?

so glad this thread came up - I have been trying to remember what this place was called since 2017. 

perfect place for me - saw a small band whilst looking down onto the rest of the festival having a beer.

will be keeping an eye out for any secret sets there this year.

anyone been up/around here to watch the fireworks?

1 hour ago, Kay95 said:

I remember that, saw songhoy early on the pyramid, then stumbled on them late at the crow's nest. I was at the front, literally within touching distance of the bass player.

Another memorable night was when Pumarosa played.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Simpo said:

I betcha there's a late night version of this happening this year...

Late night version was in the Rabbit Hole in 2017. 3am if I remember correctly.... I did the Con Man hat trick that year...Crows Nest, William's Green and Rabbit Hole. 

Edited by Keithy
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubber Soldier said:

She Drew The Gun and King Gizzard in there in 2017 were highlights for me. Definitely worth the trek up the hill if there’s someone decent on. 

I'll second you on She Drew The Gun.  I've already put in Snapped Ankles as a must see up there this year.

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:25 AM, The Clearest Blue said:

If the Chems were on Other it would have been The Who in the Pyramid, 2015 right?

You are correct - really should have checked before I posted!

On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 11:31 AM, Raincatcher said:

Could have been '11?

Or'16 with LCD on the other?

It was '15…. I was at LCD, although completely knackered after all the mud so probably not enjoying it as much I would have normally

I do now make a point of going and checking the crow's nest line ups in case of any particular treats coming up.... relatively easy as we are usually camped in Pennards.  not sure where we'll be this year as we're arriving pretty late on a coach this time round.

On 3/28/2019 at 9:15 AM, Avalon_Fields said:

Ryley Walker! King Gizzard! I'm sooo missing out. It's a must for this year. Thanks

Ryley is taking a break. 

Hey everybody

I wish to express my sincere apologies for canceling, but I gotta call April euro tour off.

my mental health is at an all time low, and those closest to me have determined its best I seek help instead of going on tour. I have always prided myself on work ethic and never canceling a gig. However, my life is at risk. I desperately need to take time to seek clarity through professional help. Need to be cared for in a controlled environment. I’m gonna try to kick my substance abuse and extreme depression. Both have been a part of my life since I was very young, and it’s all coming to a head. I'm suffering. I need to protect myself and those around me from self destruction.

I appreciate your understanding and I’m so sorry to the promoters who worked really hard to set the gigs up. I’ll try to make it back when I’m healthier. I love playing tunes with all my heart and the friends I’ve made over the years. I love you all.

On 3/27/2019 at 8:54 PM, Impropaganda said:

Never been to anything here before but it does sound very appealing. Is there any toilets up there or do you have to trek back down to the bottom of the hill? Unfortunately I do have to take this into consideration due to not having the strongest bladder 

I seem to recall that there are about 3-4 compost loos just to the right of the tent (maybe slightly further up the hill) 

• 1 month later...

I can't believe this thread has not popped back up since the line up has been announced.

Who are we all expecting?

I can't remember who is confirmed so far is it just Snapped Ankles?

I could see any of the following:

Pip Blom
Mattiel
Boy Azooga
Self Esteem
Shame
Fontaines DC
The Orielles if they bring their gear.
Joe Goddard 
Bill Ryder Jones
Gently Tender
BC Camplight
Sunflower Bean
Al Doyle
Pete Fowler
Johnny Lloyd

Really disappointed not to see Working Men's Club on the line up, hoping they are the early morning Park TBA but wont hold out much hope. But they could just do a crows nest show, but I know that's rare for bands to do that. 

I hope Self Esteem does it. I remember reading she is performing 4 times, I can only see her twice on the line up so I reckon she will be in the Crows Nest. 

I'm also hoping for Sunflower Bean (don't have time to see them between Lauryn Hill and Dream Wife on the main line-up). 

Stealing Sheep would be amazing too.

Seeing NZCA Lines here in 2016 was one of my favourite Glastonbury moments. 

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never been in. I need to.. Hoping Amyl and the sniffers play there. Not sure if they are the right vibe though?

Their vibe would be fine. Gizzard have played there a couple of times, making more of a racket. But they're not on Heavenly who run it - not sure how exclusive they are about their own acts?

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Their vibe would be fine. Gizzard have played there a couple of times, making more of a racket. But they're not on Heavenly who run it - not sure how exclusive they are about their own acts?

have you sat on 999 upvotes was not good :) so a nice round 1000 now :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Divein said:

I can't believe this thread has not popped back up since the line up has been announced.

Who are we all expecting?

I can't remember who is confirmed so far is it just Snapped Ankles?

I could see any of the following:

Pip Blom
Mattiel
Boy Azooga
Self Esteem
Shame
Fontaines DC
The Orielles if they bring their gear.
Joe Goddard 
Bill Ryder Jones
Gently Tender
BC Camplight
Sunflower Bean
Al Doyle
Pete Fowler
Johnny Lloyd

Really disappointed not to see Working Men's Club on the line up, hoping they are the early morning Park TBA but wont hold out much hope. But they could just do a crows nest show, but I know that's rare for bands to do that. 

Saw Working Men’s Club in Bristol this year and was really impressed. I’d love to catch them again and the crows nest would be a great venue for them.