Crow's Nest

cheesey_toastie

4 minutes ago, dccool said:

One of the very few places I've never seen anyone on.

What am I missing?

Very intimate, fab views, crowd united in delight at having made it up that hill in one piece (not many can be arsed, especially of the weather’s bad). Stage is set for good vibes and surprise appearances.

40 minutes ago, dccool said:

Am I right in thinking it past the rabbit hole on the right?

Sounds like I need to make the effort to check it out

Past the Rabbit Hole on the left. It’s pretty far up the hill so if you can’t see it just keep going.

The queue for the bar next to it was mental the last time I was in. Still, was completely buzzing after the Flaming Lips had blown us away and Lemon Twigs managed to keep us on a high. The place was rocking. Not particularly easy to see the band if you're at the back mind.

10 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

One of the few places I’ve yet to get to, I really mustn’t miss out this year...

what time does the music usually start?

4pm last time, right through to 2am I think. No booze on site, small audience area, and Tricketts bar nearby.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, FatAmmy said:

Which night shall we pencil in the 1AM Joe Goddard set for?

Guesting with Al Doyle 10pm-Late on Thursday I reckon! Al said he'd do that slot every year if he can, had to miss last time for LCD touring.

24 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

One of the few places I’ve yet to get to, I really mustn’t miss out this year...

what time does the music usually start?

4pm every day after the Free University talks finish. GO here for past lineups and photos and such: http://www.twitter.com/crowsnestcrew

Yes, this is secretly one of the best places at Glastonbury. I was mostly on my own for the 2016 festival, was walking past and a nice feller had a chat with me, soon realised he helped run the stage. He showed me the lineup for the entire weekend (usually only revealed each morning), I noticed lots of Hot Chip side projects there, and mentioned I had a crush on Sarah Jones. He said "Oh yeah? She's my flatmate :)" He told me I should come up later for the Al Doyle DJ set. I did, thinking it was a midnight close, but it ended up going on til at least 2. The rest of Hot Chip turned up for a dance, and the good vibes were overflowing. It was unreal how much I enjoyed that night.

Yeah no drinks on sale usually, sometimes their own cocktails late at night though! :)

Edited by Simpo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Impropaganda said:

Never been to anything here before but it does sound very appealing. Is there any toilets up there or do you have to trek back down to the bottom of the hill? Unfortunately I do have to take this into consideration due to not having the strongest bladder 

There's usually an intricate drainpipe latrine running down the fence line down the hill if I remember right

20 minutes ago, hurdy said:

There's usually an intricate drainpipe latrine running down the fence line down the hill if I remember right

There is, but I don't know about a portaloo for women. I think there's one but that could be a random false memory.