RIP Ranking Roger from The Beat

gooner1990

I saw The Beat without planning to. (Isn't it always the best way?) at The Glade last time out. Was it Rock The Casbah they covered? I know they often have done. Anyway it was bloody great, jumping around, smiles everywhere. Thanks Roger!

I also saw them at The Glade - just after finishing my first Shelter shift there. One of many times I saw them play. I actually chose to see them for my hen night in 2010 & such a diverse crowd of friends loved them.

Should have seen them at Shiine On in November but they had to cancel due to his illness. I was so sure they’d be back. He always looked so incredibly fit for his age, it’s unbeliveable he’s been taken so young.

• Upvote 1

I saw the Beat first in 1979ish if IRC. They were supported by the The Selecter. What a night. Roger was a big part of why they were so good. RIP. 

Edited by chuckles07

3 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

Saw them so many times at Glastonbury, the Leftfield tent in 2007and the Gully in 2013 stand out.

?

I was there in 07 at the Leftfield tent. It was my first year and the first act I watched. Not missed a Glastonbury since and to this day is still in my top 10 memories. Ranking Roger set a high bar for all future acts I watched at Glastonbury and I still compare him with every act I see there. This year will be tinged with sadness ?  RIP Roger 

Saw them several times but a Glastonbury highlight for me was when they played The Green Room Bar on the Sat night in 2014. We were lucky enough to have a wristband.

We all danced our tired socks off that night.

RIP Roger, your energy and that wide smile will always be synonymous with Glastonbury and good vibes. 

8 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Really nice bloke... We seem to be losing some good talent lately don't we.... What's going on..... Peace, love and tranquility old sons. 

P9162398.JPG

Mr Kyps Guy? - Must have seen the Beat 3 or 4 times here over the years