jyoung

Is his banter normally that er... vibrant? Myself and the mrs thought he for sure must have been on something, noone else around us seemed to be minorly shocked by his incoherency mind you. Also we were one of the many well outside the tent so maybe we were missing something.

1 hour ago, Time Being said:

Is his banter normally that er... vibrant? Myself and the mrs thought he for sure must have been on something, noone else around us seemed to be minorly shocked by his incoherency mind you. Also we were one of the many well outside the tent so maybe we were missing something.

I think it's crowd interaction is second to none. The best I've ever seen. It's often random, shouted and loud but always engaging I felt. I remember watching him before and he got everyone to pass down a ladies white jacket from the back of the crowd above their heads so he could put it on the stage to keep safe for her as he kept getting anxious someone was going to spill a drink on it.

For weeks before and all festival I couldn't decide who to see between Cure, Christine and Janelle. Was always a bit tempted by Streets though and made a last minute decision to see them as I've seen all the others and pretty much the whole crew was going. My sister and I got waylaid on route and only arrived late, just as they were starting- saw how massive the crowd was and thought the worst. BUT our friends were inside the tent on the far right, gave us directions/encouragement and we started inching our way through the throng. 20 minutes later, having VERY politely squeezed, pleased and thank-you'd our way through a surprisingly accommodating crowd, via a 6'8" guy who was a total gent and pointed out the flag we were aiming for inside- we made it to our crew. Cue absolute scenes, inflatables, Skinner with the crowd in the palm of his hand, Fit But You Know It going completely off. Was amazing. And to top it off, we scampered straight to the Pyramid afterwards and caught the best 35 minutes of the Cure's set as well - we are lucky, lucky people.

Glastonbury I love you so much.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Time Being said:

I watched on telly and thought the same, he seemed to be on repeat which I would of found odd. Turn the page for the opener was amazing though.....and he didn't speak before that which could of helped! 

14 hours ago, Mattyb12 said:

For me it was the worst set I saw at the festival. Controversial 

Musically there never great, his vocals are always hit n miss, could even do with them being turned up.

But if your in the front half of the crowd, the place is just bouncing, completely feeding off his energy

2 minutes ago, lukemack said:

Musically there never great, his vocals are always hit n miss, could even do with them being turned up.

But if your in the front half of the crowd, the place is just bouncing, completely feeding off his energy

I think you are trying to say that musically they're never great. Fuck it annoys  me when people use there instead of  they're or their. Pay attention in school you fucking idiots.

More than that, you are wrong. The Streets were the best all weekend.

Absolutly nothing wrong there at the John Peel stage, they're awesome, kudos to their longevity.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

On 7/6/2019 at 3:18 AM, bamber said:

I think you are trying to say that musically they're never great. Fuck it annoys  me when people use there instead of  they're or their. Pay attention in school you fucking idiots.

Absolutly nothing wrong there at the John Peel stage, they're awesome, kudos to their longevity.

Ower haha.. yea as I said when it comes to the music its hit and miss, vocals dropped, verses missed, music drowning out Skinners mic at times, I've seen them enough times now to know what to expect, so I'm not wrong about that haha, but also not wrong about the actual show they put on being great, works the crowd brilliant and gets everyone up for it.

If you couldn't make it inside the tent, then you probably and could be excused for thinking they where rubbish, but if you got in to a decent speck you where treated to one of the best sets of the festival.

Ower haha.. yea as I said when it comes to the music its hit and miss, vocals dropped, verses missed, music drowning out Skinners mic at times, I've seen them enough times now to know what to expect, so I'm not wrong about that haha, but also not wrong about the actual show they put on being great, works the crowd brilliant and gets everyone up for it.

If you couldn't make it inside the tent, then you probably and could be excused for thinking they where rubbish, but if you got in to a decent speck you where treated to one of the best sets of the festival.

Just watched this on the iplayer. Looked like brilliant scenes. Had been pissed off with Skinner since he made a complete arse of his dj set when closing Wickerman festival yonks ago.

Anyway, from watching on tv he absolutely nailed this. Looked like a great gig.

I love that you've deliberately (or not maybe?) used all of there, their and they're. Unfortunately the spelling mistake in "absolutely" slightly detracts from your point. 8/10. 

• Upvote 2

Wish they would have been on the Other... hate trying to get into a popular act at the JP... infact im not a fan of the tents full stop... the only benfit is its always dark and theres no rain. :D But can make it a nightmare to see the act you want to see. 

On 7/6/2019 at 4:18 AM, bamber said:

All the ugliness of a Glasto snob comes flooding out in one message.

Last sentence, intentionally with spelling mistake, missing comma, and weird use of 'there'? :rolleyes:

I actually think musically they are very good. The band were spot on and MS is a very clever man. Plenty of big acts out there without the best vocal performance but its all about how the music affect you.

I got pretty centre of the JP tent. Could have been right near the front but being 6'3 I opted to stay back a bit as I knew it would go off and was feeling a tad delicate by then ?? 

I loved the gig but came across some some less that nice people at this one. First time in 5 years I was made to feel uncomfortable by a group of people but tried to zone out and enjoyed it. Enough time to find all my lot for the Cure encore too so a great end to the festival.

You sir need other more important things to annoy you in life..... 

By the way... Foals were the best all weekend. Stick that in your overreacting pipe and smoke it!! :D ? haha

On 7/16/2019 at 2:32 PM, Havors said:

You sir need other more important things to annoy you in life..... 

By the way... Foals were the best all weekend. Stick that in your overreacting pipe and smoke it!! :D ? haha

Points taken ?, Really hate the Foals though, sorry.

• 10 months later...

I had a bit of a one-man listening party to A Grand Don't Come For Free a few weeks ago. Fuck me, it's an excellent record.

The whole thing was like a time machine taking me to the mid-2000s when I pretty much lived weekend to weekend. Simpler times. The opening bars of Could Be Well In hit me right where I live.