jyoung

Couldn’t even get into the field coming from Dave who finished only 15 mins before on The Othwr Stage - like many others! Went to see The Cure instead but a disappointing end to the festival despite quite enjoying The Cure.

Ridiculous placement for them. Should have at least been on West Holts or one of the other outdoor stages. Had a good spot just inside the tent during Friendly Fires then my bladder forced me to the toilet. By the time I came back I was right back and his mic was sounding really quiet from outside plus there was no atmosphere there .Ruined it for me but was lucky enough to have seen him on his recent tour.

On 6/21/2019 at 1:33 PM, Magma said:

I'm so torn on this slot.

Missed Janelle a few years ago because of a clash. Really SHOULD take the chance to see The Cure. 

But I lovelovelove The Streets... especially at festivals. 

Tell me you saw Janelle

17 hours ago, KHazza said:

John Peel is stupidly busy. Think The Streets and Christine and the Queens could have swapped!

Christine have a small crowd?

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Tell me you saw Janelle

Christine have a small crowd?

It wasn't small, but let's just say I had a lot of space to dance. The field was full of people, just not as dense as Tame or Chems, made it an even better experience for me. Could actually see the stage! 

Yeah I was a bit peeved about The Streets being at John Peel. That stage is just way too small for a group of that magnitude. I tried to get there 15 or so minutes before they were coming on but the whole area was already so busy by then that I just had to concede defeat and go elsewhere. Honestly think they could’ve swapped them with Christine and the Queens. 

If you’re too far away from the cover of the actual tent itself and at least view of the screens, there’s just not much point being there. 

Edited by Bixer

16 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Just glad I decided to get my mates to see this over the cure. It was mega busy but we got there before Friendly Fires so not too bad. It’s people who turn up just as they’re starting and basically try and push everyone over to get through that make it bad.

Yeah. We were just outside the tent lip with some decent space around us, but as soon as it started the tent was rushed by hundreds of gurning kids. People selling nos to them inside was also fucking annoying. Epic gig tho! 

They should definitely of had a bigger stage. Me and the wife and brother managed to just get in on the left of the sound stage against the barrier. It was like we were at the front. The security chap on the sound stage our side wasn't great. There was a gap at the back which a few people walked through and were standing on the back of the sound stage scaffolding. No one seemed that bothered though as they didn't get told to move.

Absolutely awesome set though

Well, I came to this world with nothing,

.. and I leave with nothing but Love,

.. Everything else is just borrowed,

11:47 for the impatient.

Just everything I thought it would be and more, and more crowded than anything else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p07djr9y/glastonbury-the-streets-live-at-glastonbury

I can see the memories in your eyes!

Edited by bamber
  • Like 1

Watched about half from just outside the tent. Was fun but left as it wasn't the same as being inside really.

Was always going to be popular I guess, and they should have had an outdoor stage, but would probably have been more manageable had Prodigy played. How easy it was to switch after that happened, I don't know. Guess it might depend on certain promises given to artists etc.

Managed to get in there quite easily as people were leaving from Friendly Fires by coming in from the toilets direction.  Got midway between the soundstage and front. Soon got very busy though, but great set and great atmosphere. 

One of the highlights of the weekend for me, and from there it was easy to get up to Pangea and catch Subfocus. 

Great way to bring the weekend to a close, but agreed that a bigger stage would have been better to allow more people to experience it. 

People just kept pushing and pushing that we decided to leave. Wouldn't be so bad if there was a screen in the compound behind the sound desk and some speakers outside - in case it's at capacity.

We went straight from Dave and it was hectic on the left hand side of the field, once we got threw the crowd though the right hand side by the toilets wasn't busy at all, we managed to walk all the way to the front of the tent on the right hand side, then cut in about say 30/40 rows back was very busy but enough space to stand comfortably.