jyoung

A lot of bad experiences it would seem on here. Seen them around 15 or so times over the years (used to be a massive fan - I say used to, I've waned off since their original hiatus). Saw them in Birmingham this Jan and it was just as good as I remembered. Atmosphere was spot on. Probably one of the most rowdiest fun gigs I've been to in a long time. His crowd interaction is something else and doesn't get no where near enough credit. I'm yet to see anyone interact with the audience as much as Skinner.

Thankfully never experienced a bad show, but then I'm probably biased. Really hope they play West Holts. Dizzee was great there in '17.

On 3/27/2019 at 10:57 AM, StLewi said:

I saw them in Brixton last April and it was one of the worst gigs I've been to in a long while. The sound was horrendous, which is unusual for Brixton Academy so I’m not sure what the issue was? I was gutted as I’d been looking forward to the gig since the previous October when the tickets were released.

Wherever they play, I truly hope the sound is much better. If they’re clashing with any of my must-sees, I think I’ll end up giving them a miss based on this past experience.

Has anyone seen them on the most recent tour? Thoughts?

I reckon i was at the same gig as you, sound was awful. I was stood on the edge to the right hand side as you look to the stage so i thought that it may have been where i was stood but we could hardly make out a word it was so bad. I have seen a video of them from that night (i think), it was filed from the centre where the sound seemed fine - where were stood?

Because of this i really want to see them at G, but am worried that if it is a tent then it will be absolutely crushed busy as i have a feeling they are on a lot of must see lists.

2 hours ago, SouthbanKen said:

I reckon i was at the same gig as you, sound was awful. I was stood on the edge to the right hand side as you look to the stage so i thought that it may have been where i was stood but we could hardly make out a word it was so bad. I have seen a video of them from that night (i think), it was filed from the centre where the sound seemed fine - where were stood?

Because of this i really want to see them at G, but am worried that if it is a tent then it will be absolutely crushed busy as i have a feeling they are on a lot of must see lists.

I started out near the front centre but couldn't hear a word and barely differentiate between songs. I decided to move further back but it didn't really improve.

• 1 month later...
23 hours ago, The_Amazing_Oblong said:

Watched the live stream of the AB gig and was so impressed I've watched it through again twice since in full. I am looking at making this if at all possible.

I stuck this on after reading your post. I've laughed, smiled and shed a tear and I'm not halfway through.  The Streets just gained a spot on my must see list.

• Upvote 1

On 3/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, SouthbanKen said:

Read the book by the guy who originally opened the academy (bloody good would recommend) and he says a few times that the building has quiteunique acoustics. Essentially less is more in that space as its very reverberant but engineers coming in turn it up to their usual level creating a muddy mess with sound bouncing all over.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2019 at 11:35 AM, SouthbanKen said:

Agree with this. I’ve been to so many gigs at Brixton and think it’s by far the best venue in London but the Streets was the worst gig I’ve ever seen there. Sound was terrible but also the stage show was dreadful. Love the streets but this was a phone in. Hopefully he might make an effort at Glastonbury. 

6 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

No surprise but got solid info they’re headlining the John Peel. Don’t know which day. 

That’ll be the Sunday then. Seemed inevitable at this point what with the lineup filling out but still a shiter. This years lineup may not look like the strongest but I currently have three strong headliner contenders for two of the three nights. What a fucker.

• Upvote 1