Belle and Sebastian

Chrisp1986

I was late to the party and got onboard with Dear Catastrophe Waitress. Just in time for seeing them at Glastonbury 2004. I'd been on my arse all day after too much wine for breakfast and they sorted me out instantly. Just what I needed.

Always thought that this one is seriously underrated:

53 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think I chipped into the Kickstarter 😳

The original album's good though.  The title track's as good a song as he's written.  They did a concert of it at the Usher Hall with the BBC SSO which I remember digging.

Anything one remembers digging....

• Upvote 1

On 3/26/2019 at 6:00 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Just assumed that these were just warm-up for their cruise ship misadventure, but the timelines don't stack up. So I guess they're in the mix and Park headliners does seem like an obvious place 

Did you ever hear any feedback about the Boat? I saw once Guardian articke but i dont think it was objective. I live in Glasgow but haven't met anyone who was on it. I was quite conflicted on it as I had friends who were interested and might have made it a laugh. But the idea of being trapped on a boat with a certain type of B & S fan was scary. It was also fairly expensive. I saw Instagram clips of Camera Obscura's set. On the assumption that most passengers were on deck for their show, it looked like they perhaps sold 2/3 of tickets available. But I'm guessing. I was a bit surprised Mogwai were involved. 

23 hours ago, Homer said:

I was late to the party and got onboard with Dear Catastrophe Waitress. Just in time for seeing them at Glastonbury 2004. I'd been on my arse all day after too much wine for breakfast and they sorted me out instantly. Just what I needed.

Always thought that this one is seriously underrated:

Years ago I spoke to Stuart Muscly Murdoch at a party and complimented him on this exact song. "if she wants me" is a cracker. He said he remembered working quite hard on the arrangement, and finding the right tempo. There you go 🙂

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Did you ever hear any feedback about the Boat? I saw once Guardian articke but i dont think it was objective. I live in Glasgow but haven't met anyone who was on it. I was quite conflicted on it as I had friends who were interested and might have made it a laugh. But the idea of being trapped on a boat with a certain type of B & S fan was scary. It was also fairly expensive. I saw Instagram clips of Camera Obscura's set. On the assumption that most passengers were on deck for their show, it looked like they perhaps sold 2/3 of tickets available. But I'm guessing. I was a bit surprised Mogwai were involved. 

Yeah, it seems to have gone alright, given the cost and the rep of the All Tomorrow's Parties. Not sold out but not a disaster either.  I'm guessing the audience was fairly moneyed and continental rather than the gangly denizens of the 13th Note. 

11 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

Years ago I spoke to Stuart Muscly Murdoch at a party and complimented him on this exact song. "if she wants me" is a cracker. He said he remembered working quite hard on the arrangement, and finding the right tempo. There you go 🙂

Does seem like they had a few older songs that they were keeping in the bank till they could work with a producer capable of pulling them together - If She Wants Me, Lord Anthony, the title track.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Johndenis said:

I bet he's a lovely bloke. He came across as being very funny in the 'rant' referenced above by Swedge.

• Upvote 1