12 year old and ID?

shayne66

Hi, am taking my nephew who will be 12 years old. 

It'll be his first Glastonbury trip and thought I'd take him to experience the festival since it's his last chance before he becomes a paying attendee in future years. 

Is it wise to take ID to prove he is 12 years old? Cant seem to find any information and the only possible ID I can thing about taking is his passport. Only problem with this is that he goes abroad shortly after returning from Glastonbury so if I lost his passport his holiday could be in doubt. 

2 hours ago, shayne66 said:

Hi, am taking my nephew who will be 12 years old. 

It'll be his first Glastonbury trip and thought I'd take him to experience the festival since it's his last chance before he becomes a paying attendee in future years. 

Is it wise to take ID to prove he is 12 years old? Cant seem to find any information and the only possible ID I can thing about taking is his passport. Only problem with this is that he goes abroad shortly after returning from Glastonbury so if I lost his passport his holiday could be in doubt. 

Not been with a child, so don't know how strict they are on letting people in but options for other forms of ID.

A Validate UK card (12-15) has a PASS ID on it. Cards with the PASS ID are accepted at bars.

https://www.validateuk.co.uk/official-uk-id-card/12-to-15-year-old-id-card

If you did take the passport, once you are in, use the free (donation recommended) lockups to store it in for the weekend. Put it in a bag or something though so it's not just loose.

Edited by Dukeicon

Haven't had kids of that age for a few years but we took photocopies of birth certificates and passports. They got checked a few times over the years and were  always accepted.

The idea of locking originals in lockups is good but they are needed for re entry if the child leaves the site . Ours used to go back to the car with us for provisions and needed their I.d to get back in as they didn't have wristbands.

Knew I had seen it somewhere. Packing list on official website says photocopy ok for proving children are 12 or under, but not for proving other age e.g. adult for alcohol.

I am printing a copy of the page to take with photocopied passport. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

Knew I had seen it somewhere. Packing list on official website says photocopy ok for proving children are 12 or under, but not for proving other age e.g. adult for alcohol.

I am printing a copy of the page to take with photocopied passport. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/advice/packing-list/

I'd totally missed this, thank you. Will be a great help. Might still take the passport but leave it in the glove box just incase. 

• 10 months later...
On 3/26/2019 at 12:29 PM, Dukeicon said:

If you did take the passport, once you are in, use the free (donation recommended) lockups to store it in for the weekend. Put it in a bag or something though so it's not just loose.

I'm a lockup crew member - we put things like passports in a separate envelope, so no need to put it in a larger bag :)

On 2/9/2020 at 12:48 PM, cornfleur said:

Did you have any issues with ID taking your 12 year old nephew? We also have the same situation this year with our 12 year old son. Thanks 

I was asked to show ID for my 5'8" 11 year old daughter. They were happy with photocopy of her passport as advised on the Glastonbury website.