275 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you see?

• The Killers
    • The Cure
    • Stormzy
    • Kylie
    • Janet Jackson

20 minutes ago, Winslow Leach said:

I was considering voting for her just because she seems to be boiling so much piss on here.

Standing in front of a map in my parents garage filming a 40 minute YouTube takedown of Emily Eavis for giving way to the virtue-signallers by booking Janet Jackson and not Ocean Colour Scene.

I've seen The Killers 3 times, The Cure 3 times, Kylie 3 times and Stormzy once but never seen Janet Jackson.   Therefore, if I could only see one, it'd be Janet - she really feels like the "once in a lifetime" type booking.

I'm a fan of all 5 though so wouldn't be disappointed by any.

I'll be giving The Cure a  miss for Janelle Monae this time.   Verdict's still out on the Saturday night but I don't really fancy the idea of being in that Pyramid crowd cheering for Mr Brightside for 90 mins,

In order to help out the Janet Jackson vote rate could someone post some statistics of sales and other indicators of popularity globally.

If you could also use a load of words like 'cultural' and 'influence' as well to try to make it sound really considered  and clever that would be great.

• Upvote 4

In the context of Glastonbury 2019, I'm sticking my neck out and saying Killers.  I've seen Stormzy and Kylie before, not remotely fussed by Janet Jackson, so that leaves Cure and Killers that I've never seen.

If I was just doing my own thing again it'd probably be Cure, but my mates are all back this year and I reckon Killers will be up there for all of them so it'll be cool to have a bog set that we're all there for.  I know a lot more of their stuff than Fat Bob, and tbh on Saturday night who doesn't like an overblown pub singalong? :D

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mrs Jass dropped a bombshell on me this morning...

We were driving down the road and George Ezra came on the radio. She said “actually, I wouldn’t mind seeing him.”

Did you stop the car before hurling her to the kerb?

Kylie for me (says the man who fits the demographic!)

Stormzy will smash it but saw him last time so there'll be other places to be. Saw The Killers in '05 and they were shite. Saw The Cure in '95 and they were OK, but Janelle Monae wins out (or The Chems if I'm 'refreshed'). JJ - nah.

I've picked The Cure although with them being at Headliner time I expect there to be something else that will catch my eye more. The 3 acts I'm most interested in are Stormzy, The Cure and Janet Jackson. I just think it unlikely that being that far up the bill that there won't be something else around the site that will catch my eye more. 

The one act I definitely won't see is Kylie. Just not a fan of her voice. 

Much as a lot of the lineup doesn't float my particular boat, I'll probably be watching 2 headliners for only the 2nd time since I've been going. If there's nothing clashing I may go to Kylie (my younger self is turning in his skinny jeans).